chapter eleven

We walked home in silence. Neither of us talking. This was't how I expected to see my day turn out. I bought her to buy a pregnancy test after having our coffee and it turns out she was correct. She was pregnant. I was angry, extremely angry. The thought of my best friend having sex with my brother is worse enough. BUT HER BEING PREGNANT. That is outrageous. I feel for her, I feel for them both but this ruins everything. If my mum found out, shit. That wouldn't be good and how would Breccan react when-

"I don't think we should tell Breccan." Kiara said slowly, interrupting me from my thoughts.

"He deserves to know Kiara." I said sternly, avoiding eye contact.

"Yes I know...but I think we should just wait, at least a couple more weeks."

I ignored her, too frustrated to talk.

"I just don't want to cause him problems right now," she continued

I just nodded and kept my eyes straight

"Look i'm sorry Saph, you know I didn't mean for this to happen, it was an accident. I know I fucked up I know I know I'm sorry."

I sighed. She was my best friend. This isn't all her fault, I'm blaming it on her but they both should have been careful. I turned and looked at her. I pulled her in for a hug.

It was a best friend hug, one of those hugs that is just genuine. We stayed there in the middle of the street just holding one another. I looked up. The beaming lights of the vibrant orange, calm yellows and deep reds filled the sky with the colours that are so intense but settling that it calms us. The fire in the sky; a powerful symphony slowly burning out. We stayed in our embrace, staring at the sky. Thinking of both the beauty and the ugliness of life, until eventually we slid out of each others arms and stared at each other.

She gave me a small smile and I gave her one back, then I took my best friend's hand in mine and we walked home in silence. Not the awkward silence like before, but a comfortable silence. A nice silence.     

 As we strolled up to my driveway I felt Kiara tense.

"Don't worry, Breccan's car isn't here, that means he's out." I assured her. She visibly relaxed and I opened the front door and walked into the house. We could hear Aunt Jenna and mum in the kitchen having a chat about so called politics, they'd obviously had a bit of wine and you could tell from their voices that they were bubbly and happy which took our mood up a level.

I took Kiara upstairs and she settled into my bed making herself at home. I switched off the lights and closed the door, heading into the bathroom. I was in desperate need of a shower, a shower is where you have alone time and can think of all the problems in life. I needed that asap. 

After clearing my head, I jumped out of the shower. Grabbing a towel from the cupboard I wrapped it around my body. Damn it, I forgot clean clothes.

I turned the handle of the bathroom walking straight out and-

"OUCH."

I banged straight into a hard chest and we both fell to the floor. I groaned, my head hurts. Pushing myself up, I found myself in an awkward position straddling a familiar figure. He smirked from beneath me.

"I know you wanted me sweet cheeks but If you wanted to lay down on me naked you could've just asked."

WHAT.

I looked down.

Oh god no.

NO.

MY BOOBS ARE ON FULL DISPLAY.

MY FUCKING BOOBIES ARE ON FULL DISPLAY.

MY BLOODY BOOBS ARE HANGING OUT.

MY BOOBS FOR GODS SAKE.

My cheeks burned crimson red. I felt my whole body on fire. So much embarrassment was passing through me at this exact moment that I didn't have the will power to lift the towel up from around my waist to cover my top half. I had frozen. Not again.

Tyler had me still once again, for the second time. The thoughts of his kisses filled my mind which made me blush even more.

He lifted his hand, I thought he was going to reach up to caress my face. But no, his hand diverted and with the flick of his hands he slapped my left boob.

What the hell.

My brain seemed to click and I realised what situation I was currently in. I AM ON TOP OF TYLER HALF NAKED. SHIT. I am so so so stupid WHY did I not do anything to cover myself WHY. My brain must have stopped working, I mentally slap myself. Hurriedly, I pushed myself off of him pulling my towel up in the process and glared at the idiot lying on the floor.

"WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM." I scream, probably loud enough for the whole neighbourhood to hear.

He got up, smirked once more and shrugged.

"YOU JUST SLAPPED MY BOOB. WHAT. IS. YOUR. PROBLEM."

"My problem?" He chuckles. "My problem babe, is small boobs."

Oh hell no, don't ever insult a woman's boobs.

"A C cup is NOT small." I said emphasising the 'not'.

He shook his head, a small smile playing on his lips. "Sorry to break it to you sugar but I prefer my racks to be double D."

What a complete dickhead!

"Get out of my house." I said slowly but sternly.

"Na uh sweet cheeks, Jenna is making me stay here. I bet we'll be seeing a lot of each other from now on. Nice seeing you again." He winked and walked into down the corridor into the room opposite mine, leaving me standing there clinging to my towel.

A scene from earlier this morning played through my head-

"Do you remember Aunt Jenna's son?"

"Well he is coming to stay with us for a while."

Oh sweet jesus no.

That's disgusting.

Tyler is my cousin.

Just great.

Well fucking done Sapphire.

Well fucking done.