chapter ten

I know it's short but I wanted to upload for you guys. I owe it to you because I have been completely slack and haven't written for months. I'm so so so sorry but i came back on here and saw all the comments and realised that i'm such a bad person for not writing and I felt terrible so here goes nothing....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Honey, come downstairs, there's someone who would like to see you."

I heard my mum call from downstairs, I got up off my bed and straightened my clothes. As I was going down the stairs I heard voices, one familiar, one not.

"Are you sure it's ok?" The woman asked.

"Yes, we won't mind, and I'm sure they will get along fine." My mum responded.

I turned the corner and came face to face with my mum and another lady. They looked alike. The woman smiled.

"Sapphire!" she exclaimed, "it's been so long! Look at you, you've grown up so much!"

Uh yeah well that tends to happen as years pass. Idiot.

She embraced me and at first I tensed but I slowly slid my arms around her and hugged her back.

"Honey, remember Aunt Jenna?" My mum asked. Oh, that's why she looked so much like mum. I hadn't seen Aunt Jenna, my mum's sister, since I was seven years old.

"Aunt Jenna?! Wow."

"Yeah, it's been a while hasn't it."

I nodded. We all sat around the table and Aunt Jenna poured everyone a cup of tea. My mum cleared her throat and we both turned to look at her.

"Sapphire, darling, Aunt Jenna and I have been talking lately, and she needs our help."

"What type of help?" I ask out of curiosity.

"Do you remember Aunt Jenna's son?"

I think back. Searching my mind for a memory of Aunty Jenna's son, I see trees, a beautiful garden. Me playing football with Breccan. A small boy sitting in the corner. Alone.

"Not really." I answer.

"Well, he is coming to stay with us for a while."

I nodded. They told me more about what would be happening. He would stay in the spare room, opposite mine. How convenient.

I've had enough guys around to be honest. Breccan was of course his usual annoying self. Dylan was well, Dylan. And I couldn't stop thinking about the other night with Tyler.

That was the first time I had been kissed when I felt like someone truly wanted me. It felt special. Or maybe i'm over exaggerating. Stupid emotions.

I dialled Kiara's number, today definitely felt like a girl's day. She picked up on the first ring.

"Want to hang out today? We need to catch up," I asked her.

We agreed to meet at the shopping centre, so I put on my jacket and started to walk. The walk gave me time to think. Is it possible to like two people at once? I'm probably moving too fast with this but I got kissed by Tyler and it felt amazing, however I've never met him properly. Maybe it was the adrenaline I felt when he kissed me and it's been working itself up. I'm probably making a big deal over nothing and I don't really like him. Or do I?

But Dylan. He's perfect, sexy and he can be caring when he wants to be. But he's also STILL a jerk. I sigh inwardly. Gosh it's hard being a teenager. Especially a 21st century teenager. First world problems.

I spotted Kiara straight away, her golden hair catching the sun and contrasting well with her blue summer dress. Running, I headed staright for her and gave her a hug. As I hugged her she seemed to tense, which was odd. But I ignored it.

"Wanna go get a coffee from starbucks?" She questioned. I nodded and we walked silently to the cafe. Kiara had on a fake smile. Does she really think I can't notice that this isn't her real smile? What kind of a best friend does she think I am?

The silence between us wasn't a comfortable silence, it was an awkward silence. I knew something was up. As Kiara went and chose our seats I went and ordered from the counter.

"Flat white and caramel mocchiato please"

I walked over with our orders and sat down and slapped my hands on the table.

"Ok Kiara spill the beans, what is with you today?"

She didn't look me in the eye and shrugged. The biting of her lip showed how nervous she really was.

"I'm your best friend, do you really think I don't know when something is wrong with you. Tell. Me. Now." I said sternly.

Kiara inhaled deeply and sighed. Her shoulders sagged and she opened her mouth to speak.

"Saph... uh... I think... uh-"

"Hurry up, tell me."

"I don't know...uh..well...uh-"

"Kiara, tell me."

"uh...it's complicated... i think.. uh.. i think"

"SPIT IT OUT!" I screamed.

"I think i'm pregnant."

The whole world seemed to stop. Business women drinking their lattes stopped and froze. The family in the corner drinking hot chocolates stopped moving. The elderly men sitting next to us stopped eating their muffins. The waiters paused their actions. No one was moving. It was all an illusion. I could only see Kiara and I. No one else mattered.

She looked scared, no no no. This couldn't be happenening. A baby at this age could potentially ruin her life. Her mum would kill her. How would she pay for everything? Would she get an abortion? Would she keep the baby? Was she even truly pregnant?

All these questions were running through my head but only one stood out among the rest. Who was the father?

No.

No.

Not him.

No.

Please don't be him.

I took a breath before speaking.

"Kiara. if you think you're pregant, who is the father?"

Her face crumpled as tears sprung to her eyes.

"I'm sorry Saph, but it's Breccan."

No.