chapter thirteen

"Look if you want to kill me, do it now. Not build up the tension until we have some massive finale and you finally stab me and rip open my stomach, grab my intestines and eat them or some stupid crazy murderer shit like that." 

"Sapphire I'm not that much of a psycho. I'll probably rape you first, not that you'd be refusing so it would be more like just having sex because you're obviously willing. Then I'd well, let's see, then I'd probably murder you because you're so bloody annoying and can't keep your mouth shut for one short second."

"Dylan!" I shouted at him, whilst violently slapping him wherever I could. He chuckled and just shook his head, trying to concentrate on the road ahead of him.

The journey was taking a while. We'd been in the car for half an hour and he still wasn't telling me where we were going. My plan of persistently annoying him till the point where he would break still hadn't worked. His stubbornness had made me give in and my plan had unfortunately failed. After our little fiasco in his room earlier we had watched TV for a bit until getting bored and headed off in the car. The car was nice...clean... well except for the few piles of strewn panties and bras. I looked glumly away, jealousy sparking through me.

"How could you even expect me to kill you?" He gasped, feigning hurt.

"We are in the middle of fucking no where, on a dirt road through middle of a forest, how do you expect me to react." I said bluntly, giving him a pointed stare through narrow eyes.

He took a deep breath.

And he took another.

Raked a hand through his hair.

Dylan looked straight at me and sighed.

"Just trust me Sapphire."

Hope flashed through his eyes.  

"Please?" He asked. 

The sound of his voice,

so soothing,

so raw with emotion,

it made my heart nearly break.

He looked at me with so much intensity. What happened to the joyful joking mood we were in only a couple of minutes ago. How did it turn so serious?  

"Okay." I murmured softly. Sighing once more, he turned back to the road. The rest of the journey was silent.

We came up to a clearing, the trees uncovering a main road. After about another couple hundred meters drive he pulled into a parking lot in front of a small diner. The rusted sign above the diner read 'Sally's'  in blue and red paint. He smiled shyly at me and nodded towards diner gesturing at me to go in. Smiling back, I opened the door of the car and headed inside.

Inside was warm, the lights dimmed. Fairy lights dangling from the ceiling, giving the whole place a magical vibe. The booths were isolated from each other, however the place was still cosy, giving a sense of privacy to the people in each booth. Each has a different set of fairy lights to give it's own unique style. The quiet classical music comforted me and I quickly felt at ease. It looked like it was made for couples.

I was too busy staring at the place in awe to realise Dylan had been greeted by a lady in her late sixties. She smiled at him, so full of love. Her hand gestures showed he meant a lot to her. The affectionate pat on the head followed by a tug at his ear. Happiness gleamed in her eyes. And even though he smiled back at her, it didn't quite reach his eyes. He was staring at the room, a hint of sadness etched in his piercing eyes. 

"Why haven't you been lately, you used to come all the time, it's been around six months since I last saw you!" The lady said in a motherly tone to him, obviously annoyed, but she was still smiling up at him. I didn't want to intrude on their conversation so I stayed put. Waiting in the corner until they were done.