Housebound.

Depuis le début

James felt her hands start to get sweaty as she tried to calm her breathing. Her stomach twisted and she felt sick, she had no idea what the other women was planning. It made her head race with all of the unspoken possibility's.

"I don't have a boyfriend-"

"Don't lie too me! What's this then?" Beatrice held up her detention and a napkin making her confused. "Detention for inappropriate touching? And this napkin has a boys number on it!"

James winced as the women threw them in her direction, the napkin was from the prezetal place at the mall...James hadn't even realized someone had written it too her.

Beatrice must have found them in the pockets of her clothes when she was throwing them.

"Plus you have the nerve to keep making those stupid drawings of yours." Beatrice narrowed her eyes her hand tightening on her chin. James fought to keep still knowing any wrong move could give her a slap to the face. "I honestly don't know why you bother. Given the fact that now you're coming home with bruises covering your face, just what are you getting into? We gave you the freedom to come and go as you please as long as you followed our rules. Maybe that needs to change seeing as how you're whoring yourself around."

James winced as the women's nails dug into her skin, it didn't matter that Beatrice had given her a bruise when she was drunk the women barley remembered she just saw the new one's and that wouldn't be good on James's account.

"Nothing to say?" Beatrice pouted falsely blinking her eyes down at James. "Maybe having jobs isn't smart-"

"No!" James blurted instantly regretting it when Beatrice's eyes darkened. "I can keep up with school and work, there was a fight at the restaurant I had to break it up."

Beatrice tsked letting go of her face, "You're not supposed to be hanging around with boys. I don't know why you bother anyways your nothing more than a sexual object to them, they don't care about you." she sneered, "You're not to be off with any boys. Talking to any. Seeing any.'

James hated how she thought the women may be right.

"And you shouldn't be running around the manor partying as you please, could you imagine what'd it'd do to our reputation if someone found out our foster child is out late partying and putting herself out?" Beatrice patted her cheek the side with the bruise making James wince. "It's like you never learn,"

"I'm sorry," James whispered having nothing else to say. What was there? She couldn't really do much know.

"We're just trying to help you, to teach you about life." Beatrice shook her head, "Yet you never learn. Come your not going to school today."

James blinked her mouth popping open, "It's the first we-"

Beatrice grabbed one of her dresser drawers ripping it out of the dresser and tossing it across the room. James quickly moved back her back hitting the dresser. She saw movement out of the corner of her eye Kota.

"Don't," she mouthed.

If he came out now there's no saying what Beatrice would do. She hasn't hit her yet and James didn't smell any alcohol on the women's breathe.

She just had to play the women's game.

She quickly shook her head at him turning her focus back to Beatrice.

"I'm sorry did I ask you a question?"

"N-no." James shook her head as Beatrice gave a mean smile. "I'm sorry."

"It's alright," Beatrice smirked strutting out of the room, "Come there's a lot you need to get done. Your grounded, you have chores to do and don't even think about eating here for the next week."