Epilogue 2

Ava's Pov,

I open the first newspaper cutting, which reads about the accident of my Grandfather, Lorenz Thompson and my Grandmother Layla Thompson, which they faced three years back. Then, I open my father's, Peter Thompson's news.

I start to re-read the accident again.

Old Couple faces an accident in Londons, Block 30.

30th August 2015,

Lorenz Thompson (69) and Layla Thompson (66) owners of the famous Library 'The Reader's' were found dead inside their Mercedes-Benz car after they met with a tragic accident at 4:30 am. It reports the accident to be due to brake fails. The couple died on the spot after the car had hit the pole near House 105 and crashed.

The cops got an unknown call about the accident at five in the morning, and the investigation started after fifteen minutes. Strangely, the nearby houses heard nothing about the crash and therefore couldn't update much about it.

Soon, the couple's family was in Mumbai, India was called for an investigation. Peter Thompson (45) Son of the couple informed that Lorenz and Layla had come to London a week ago for business dealings. The investigation is still going on about the accident.

I sniff after seeing the picture of the car and their photo from a party, taken from the internet was attached beside the news. I look at their faces who were smiling at me. Grandma looked beautiful in her black gown while Grandpa looked smart in his black tux.

The car had mercilessly hit the pole. The way it hit, the people must have known it, but no one knew about it until morning when police arrived.

 The way it hit, the people must have known it, but no one knew about it until morning when police arrived

Goosebumps formed on my skin, imaging how my grandparents faced this. We couldn't even see them one last time properly because after the investigation my father had done their funeral. By the time my mom, Karan and I reached London, they were gone.

I take a deep breath and calm myself down. This isn't the right time to cry. The cops there have stopped the investigation, but I will start it.

I take a black sharpie and underline 'Block 30' and House 105.

I then place it back on the table and take the article of my Dad. I couldn't control my tears after seeing the image of my dad besides the news. I place back the newspaper cutting and cry harder.

They told me they would never leave me, and look here, they left me. I swear, if there is a person behind these accidents, then I would never leave that person. I close my eyes and mentally pray to God.

Dear God, give me the strength to know the truth. At least you stay beside me with this chaos, please?

I open my eyes and start reading about my dad's accident. My hold on my marker tightens as I see the same date on the news and highlight it.

"Ava!"

I was about to read his new when my mom called me from outside and knocked on the door. I hurriedly stood up, grabbing the news and put it back in the drawer in my mirror. No one knows that I kept these cuttings to accept my friend Jasmin.

I look myself into the mirror before opening the door. I look at my mum jovially looking at me. I frown but smile at the same time looking at her. It overwhelmed me to look at her happily after a long time.

"Congratulations!" She says and hugs me tightly. "For what?" I ask her, dumbfounded. What did I do?

She lets me go from her embarrassing and hands me a letter which she had in her hands, and I just noticed it. I take the letter from her hand and look at its cover where London's college was written in blue aerial fonts.

I heartbeats pump rapidly with excitement. It felt like dreams; I had thought I would go to London for my studies and it's coming true. I look at my mom with wide eyes while her eyes were glistening with tears.

I open my letter and look at what it's written. It said I had a week for admission procedures, and next week the college would start. I sigh in relief as everything was going according to the plan.

Luckily, my best friend Jasmin would also join me as she got the same letter as mine.

After five days, I was standing at London's airport ready for something no one knew about. Not even Jasmin.

Everyone thought I was here to study, but no one knew that I was here for an investigation which I would do it all by myself. I would uncover the mysterious deaths of my Grandparents and my father.

The more I thought about it, the more it made me anxious to find the person behind the deaths of Lorenz Thompson, Layla Thompson and Peter Thompson.

Maybe, I would also unfold the mystery my missing Great Grandparents, Lucas Thompson and Eva Thompson, as my mom said they disappeared before I was born.

"Peep Peep."

The horn by the taxi bought me back to the world. I looked at the front to see Jasmin had already taken her seat behind while the driver frowned and impatiently looked at me.

I clutched the handle of my suitcase more tightly and walked towards the cab. 'Here I come, Block 30.'