V

Lorenzo's Pov,

I looked at the kitchen and smiled. I admired Eva's efforts, who cleaned our kitchen and dining room, which we had not. We lazily did the cleaning.

She was smart and was the perfect example of 'beauty with brains'

The weather was chilly and the sky covered with black clouds because of the storm of last night.

I was alone in our house. Lucas had gone to drop Eva at her library while Leo and Lambert had gone to their house as our chief had sent the letter there.

I went upstairs to our Attic to see why we didn't receive any messages. They had clearly said that our machine would send and receive messages; if any issue in sending, or receiving then only they would message us through letters.

I climbed the stairs and twisted the door of Attic, but it didn't open.

I twisted the knob again and again, but still, it didn't open.

I signed and searched for the keys which we kept inside the draws of a small table just beside the door, but to my astonishment, the keys were missing.

Before I could check anywhere else, I heard a wired sound from outside which I couldn't figure out what it was.

It sounded like the branches were twisting.

Curiously, I started walking downstairs to see what was happening but as soon as I reached down the noise at once stopped.

I looked everywhere to find anything broken, but everything was properly at their place.

That's when I remembered about the yesterday nights incident, maybe, the tree which burned yesterday made this noise.

I went outside the house and left the door open behind me, and walked towards the tree which was flaming with fire.

How was it possible that the tree would be burning even after a stormy night? I should call the fire brigade, I thought.

As I turned around, and walk to go inside. A bird out of nowhere, flies right in front of my eyes. It was so near to me that I fall on the ground with a thud.

"Aah! You little bird! Screw you!" I winced in pain and rubbed my back.

I looked at the direction it flew only to see it sitting on a branch of the burning tree.

I stood up and went near it, "Are you crazy?" I shouted at him, "You can burn yourself! Shoo Shoo" I tried to make it fly again, but the bird was ignoring my actions.

After some time, the bird flew again. But after a few distances, it took a u-turn and started flying back to the tree.

Then everything seemed to go slowly, my heart pounded loudly, and I panicked looking at the bird. Although the tree was on fire, the bird didn't care.

My eyes widened as the bird reached more near, and I thought that it would stop, but it didn't. Instead, he went inside the flames.

I closed my eyes and covered my face when the flame increased more. I didn't realize that I was near the burning tree until I felt its heat. I took a few steps behind making myself safe from its flames. I didn't know what to do next; I turned blank and forgot what I had to do.

The bird's image kept repeating inside my brains, and I felt my legs going numb, so I sat on the grasses looking at the tree.

Suddenly, the tree moved left to right as if it was fixing itself. The branches of the tree twisted and crept to where its position was earlier, and the fire cooled down while black smoke came out from it.

I went near where the bird had hit the tree, but nothing was there. My breath hitched when I looked at the spot it had hit, I could see a figure, ahead to be precise with two horns looking Evil.

 My breath hitched when I looked at the spot it had hit, I could see a figure, ahead to be precise with two horns looking Evil

"WHAT THE HELL!?" I screamed and started running towards the house, but I was at the same spot, and only my legs were moving. I increased my pace, but I wasn't moving at all.

I got scared. The first time in my life, I got scared. After a few minutes of running at the same spot, my legs gave up, and I fell.

I tried to catch my breath, but I couldn't, the pungent smell of smoke gave me a headache.

I turned myself to my back and lay down near the tree.

"It's hell, indeed!" a croaky voice said from the tree. I jolted up and looked at the face which the tree had. It smiled looking at me "Welcome home" he said.