IX

Lorenzo's Pov,

After Galo finished explaining to me about my Sins, I heard a constant grinding noise indicating the garage door closing from another side of the house.

I was about to go there when Galo came in front of me blocking my way. We were just about to bump into each other, but I stepped back.

I domed with anger and was about to ask him about his sudden actions but before I could say anything he spoke, "I can prove you right now that the person you trust the most i.e. Lucas will betray you soon. He is backstabbing, but you are too blinded by your friends to see what's right or wrong."

I grind my teeth. No one had ever dared to say anything about my friend in front of me.

I fist my hands, ready to punch Galo, but by looking at his age, I couldn't. I sigh and ignore his words and started walking to another side of the house to meet Lucas, who just arrived.

I trust Lucas, more than my life, I know that he would never do such things with me.

As I reached near the other side of the house, I saw Lucas fainted on the ground.

"Lucas!" I panicked, looking at him on the ground. I ran towards him.

I had just reached halfway when the crow blocked my way by coming in front of me. I understood it immediately that it was none other than Galo himself.

"Galo not now! Please let me help my friend." I begged Galo, who was in crow form but he negatively shook his head left to right.

"You know what? Go to hell!" I spat at him and started running towards Lucas, leaving Galo behind.

What does this old man think of himself!?

Galo controls my surroundings just like he did earlier near the tree.

I was running towards Lucas, but suddenly I couldn't move further. I was just running at one spot, not moving at all.

"GALO! STOP IRRITATING ME!" I growl, at Galo who was behind me. I tried to twist my body to look behind, but I couldn't even do that.

Galo chuckled from behind "Let me prove to you what I said" He came in front of me in Human form, the same old man with lots of tattoos.

I glare at him, as he smirks looking at me. He walks and stands beside me. He closes his eyes and starts whispering something in a foreign language. I kept looking at him as the black smoke started coming out from under him while he was chanting some spell.

I gasp as the black smoke flew towards Lucas, who was unconscious on the ground.

I looked back at Galo in disbelief, "What are you doing?" I asked him, struggling on my spot to stop this.

Galo opens his eyes, and the black smokes stopped emitting from him.

I sorrowfully look at Lucas and then at Galo, only one thing running in my mind right now is that Lucas is not the one who is betraying here, but It's me.

This would be the first time that Lucas is in trouble, and I couldn't help him and not forget he was in trouble because of me.

I'm sorry, Lucas, but even I am stuck. I wish I had not committed any sins. I don't want to be powerful, just like Galo said, I just want you beside me, that's it.

Tears flowed from my eyes, and my heart became heavy. A sob escaped from my mouth.

After hearing, my sobs, Galo looked at me, "Look, you need not cry over someone who will leave you soon!"

"LUCAS WOULD NEVER EVER DO THAT." I roar at him while I fist my hands, ready to strike this old man.

"Let's see that" Galo smirks again.

Looking at Galo, I became scared of him, not for the actions he was doing, but for the confidence which he had while telling me about the future actions of Lucas.

I gulped and looked at Lucas, who was now in between the black smoke.

"Lucas will now only see his future actions." He commands, looking at the black smoke who were all over Lucas.

"What are you doing to him? Let him go, Galo. He is innocent." I explained, but Galo ignored me.

He calmly looks at me, "He is seeing his future from his inner eyes."

I frown, looking at Galo. The black smoke above him divides into two. One flies above in the air making a huge smokey black ball while other enters Lucas.

I gasp as I see my reflection standing inside the black ball. It was just like me, but it was not me. His eyes were black while the face was pale. His hair was messy, and he looked tired.

What is this?