VI

Lorenzo's pov,

I kept pacing here and there while I was alone at the house. Lucas went to drop Ava at her library. While Leo and Lambert were doing their work in the beside house.

I got bored of lying alone and peering outside the window at every interval just to catch the glimpse of Lucas. I looked at the time on the wall clock only to know that it was merely five minutes since Lucas and Eva had gone, and it made me baffled.

"Lorenzo, The Chosen One" someone murmured behind me, making me jump on my spot.

I looked behind and rested my hands on my heavily beating heart to make it steady, but looking at no one was at my sight my heart skipped a beat.

"No need to get scared, The Chosen One," someone whispered again.

I looked at every place, not knowing who was speaking. Sweat formed on my forehead. I kept wiping it with my palms, but the moisture was still present.

"W-Who's there?" I asked, shuddering.
"What d-do you mean b-by 'The C-Chosen One'? I remember you had said the same thing that near, near the gates before we entered."

The temperature of the room lessened, making me shiver more. Because of sudden cold, I felt numb, until I couldn't feel his hands and legs.

The only thing that came to my mind was to run outside, and so I did. I started running outside the house as fast as I could, wobbling because of my numb body.

I struggled and was reaching the doors, but I don't know how I would open it. I tried to move my hands, but I could barely move it. To my astonishment, the door opened automatically.

As soon as I stepped my foot outside the doors, it closed with an enormous bang behind me, making me fall skipping the two stairs to the earth. I looked above at sky only to see a black crow flying in rounds above the tree.

A pang of realization hits me, and I felt déjà vu, I was experiencing the same things again!

Suddenly, my numbness went away, and I felt blood running through my veins again. I hurriedly got up and started running towards the other house where Leo and Lambert were.

As I reached their doors, I found a big lock. They had locked their house. I started banging on the door.

"Leo!"

"Lambert!"

"IS ANYONE INSIDE?"

"HELP ME!"

"LEO!"

"LAMBERT!"

I shouted to my colleagues, hoping they would listen to me, but no one was answering. I kept on shouting, and banging the door until my throat hurt, and I couldn't remove any voice.

A lone tear passed from my eyes, and I gave up, slipping down near the door as I closed his eyes.

I felt defeated lonely and week.

I opened my eyes to find if the crow was not here now, but everything blurred and the pain was long gone now.

I open my eyes and sit up with a jerk. That's when I saw that I am at the spot where the bird entered the burning tree. After seeing that awful sight, I passed out and had a wired dream.

Why was I even running here and there in my dreams at first place? I'm an honourable Secret Agent for crying out loud! I don't need Leo or Lambert, nor I need Lucas to tackle my problems, I thought.

I stood up from the ground and wiped away the grass from my back, luckily it didn't get muddy, like I thought it would be. I peeped at the black tree one last time before going inside.

"The Chosen One" The tree suddenly whispers the same way it had done in the nightmare, I had just seen. I got stunned not believing my ears. The tree stood tall like it's touching the sky. Smoke came from the roots, the same place where the bird had entered.

My eyes widened after looking at supernatural. I slowly walked towards the smoke. The tree had a wired face on it, just like I saw before blacking out. Long skinny face with two horns looking Evil.

The face smirked at me. I slowly walked near it.

"What are you?" I inquired as I lean a little to see the creepy face properly.

His eyes were red while the face was brown. Luckily I could see his face where the tree wasn't burnt much.

"I'm here for you, Master, You are the chosen one" He answered me. The smoke would come out from his mouth whenever he opened them. I discovered his mouth was red too.

I felt wired looking at the face engraved in the tree. He was just like Lava.

"What do you mean?" I take slow steps behind. I wasn't craven but got scared of the tree.

"Master, Satan chooses you himself. You have all qualities he wished for. Rest Gula will explain to you" Saying this the face opened his mouth wide as he could, and the bird which had entered the tree came out flying.

The bird launched himself in the sky then appeared back, and stood in front of me. It became bigger and bigger, twisting itself, and then amplified into a man.

It was none other than the old man, who met us near the gates of this lane.

"Happy to see me again?" He asked me, "Close your mouth, will you?"

That's when I realized that my mouth was open in surprise while he transformed. I instantly closed my mouth and felt humiliated.

"I'm called Gula, I'm there with you till you resemble my powers, The Chosen One," He explained me.

I didn't know what he said and frowned upon him, "What are you saying?"

"Satan Himself has seen the potential you have. You have all the abilities he has, except for Gluttony, it's not there in you,' He said, before pausing a little, and pushed the white hair on his forehead back into his head with his hands "You have Six Sins in you, and one is yet to come. You have the power to command us for anything you want, and we will do it for you. The tree is the messenger of Satan, and I am your Seventh Sin. Once you have my powers in you, you will become 'The most powerful man' of this universe after Satan"

I swallowed my saliva and looked at him, still not understanding what he said.

Seven Sins, that also in me? How?

Maybe Gula examined my mind, so he continued, "You have ′Lust′ for a higher position, ′Greed' for money, ′Sloth' because you wanted to get scared of me the day we meet, but you wished to ignore it, and that's not just one thing that happened in your life, you have always neglected something important, ′Wrath' and ′Envy' which you have for your colleagues, and someone lower than you, and ′Pride' for who you are. Where else for ′Gluttony′, you have it inside you, which is yet to come out, and once that is out I'm free"

"How are you free?" I asked him and felt sad for commenting on these sins, which I never recognized, I was creating.

Gula chuckled and looked away from me as if he remembered something, "I'm a cursed man, Lorenzo. I'll tell you my story once you set me free."

"Why not now?"

"It's against the law, If I tell you then I would never be free"