I

The headline in the London Times had shocked the entire world. One side of it was the end of World War II while the trusted Secret Agent Lorenzo Brooks took an ought to ruin his special one's life.

It was very tough than thinking. Where one side, people felt their insecurities rushed away from them; on the other side, a friend had to give away his life for someone's future.

That 'someone' meant his entire world for him, but only did he know that his 'someone' would crush his world too.

It was The End of a tale for the New Beginning.

The news on the following morning said:

Hiding German Agent caught by London Cops.

30th August 1945,

Few German Agents had come to London and were transmitting all our confidential pieces of information to the Germans. It was our brave Cop's and European Army Force who found out about the Secret Agents. According to sources, there were Four Agents, but they caught only one.

He denied saying anything about his other mates, but our clever Cops would find them soon.

The day before, the cops had got a call from one citizen of London, Mr Hermann Joseph, who lives in House 208, block 30, who claimed that he saw something strange going on in his neighbourhood. When he went near the House of 105, he heard some men arguing and announcing they were Secret Agents from Germany and came here for a mission. He immediately informed the Cops about the commotion.

The cops came in action with Army Force, and with the help of Chief Army Officer Mr Daniel Smith, they were successful in getting to these agents.

Out of four, the three agents were missing, but they caught one agent, Agent Lorenzo Brooks. The agent had killed six cops with his rifle, and then he locked himself to the Attic. When the chief officer had reached the loft, they heard Gunshot and Lorenzo crying in pain. When they broke through the locked door, they found that the agent was already taking his last breath, and all the information and pictures of other agents were on fire beside him.

"When I asked him for his identity before he died, he was not in his senses, and kept whispering 'I Agent Lorenzo Brooks' and said something which I couldn't hear, then he said 'will kill you and your family,' and because of shot, he died. Strangely, there were only six bullets which he had already used, and while he was dying, there was no gun near him, and we found nothing, but the investigation is still on. I think this is a murder case and not suicide.′ Concludes Mr Daniel Smith.

30th August 1944,

A year back at German Headquarters.

The European theatre of World War II, also known as the Second European War, was an enormous area of heavy fighting across Europe, from Germany's invasion from 1st September 1939.

The Germans duped and sent a few Secret Agents in the European country; get their information with no one knowing. They named themselves 'Allies'.

That's when the highly qualified Agents, Lucas Thompson, Lorenzo Brooks, Leo Fisherman and Lambert Miller, were assigned.

Several got designated to other different countries, only to get information about the rivals plans. These loyal Secret Agents would travel around gathering pieces of information and forward them to the headquarters.

That's how the four Secret Agents Lucas, Lorenzo, Leo and Lambert got elected to the North-western coast of European country 'London'.

They strictly got orders to keep themselves confidential, and not even their trustworthy physique should know about them.

Lorenzo's Pov,

September 1944, At London's Dockyard.

Life is manageable, yet we sometimes make it complicated, just like how I had done.

I could wish to live my life easier, but somewhere within me, I choose something which I knew I might regret later. Thinking about it makes my heart heavy, but then remembering my position, a wave of relief calms me.

Being an Agent was my and my friend's, or should I call him my associate, was our dream since childhood. We both got raised together in an orphanage.

Lucas and I had known each other since we were in nursery school. We were always notorious. Our professors still recognize us because no one was inseparable, like us. We understood the feelings of each other and have always stood by each other's side during difficulties.

I was in such deep thoughts that I didn't notice I was grinning while looking at the disregarded ship in front until Lucas waved his hands in front of my face bringing me out of my memory lane and back to this world.

I glanced at him sitting beside me, looking at me with a frown on his face. He had lots of questions in his dark brown eyes, but I let it go by shaking my head and chuckled, thinking about our childhood days. I was lucky to have him.

We were sitting on a Dockyard bench, which was at the corner where there was no crowd and waited for our other companion's Lambert and Leo, who must arrive by now.

He shook his head and whistled a random tune while tapped his foot on the ground giving a beat to his music. His thick black hair flue backwards along with the winds. Anyone who looked at him would tell that he was somewhere from South Asia, India perhaps. As his eyes were a shape of a leaf, and his skin was fair yet tanned.

But let us not judge anyone by their skin; his heart made of gold attracted everyone around him. Well, his caring self is not the reason why we are friends. I am the reverse of him.

I am an extrovert, while he is an introvert. He is shy while I am bold. Let's not forget that he is a fitness freak while I am lazy and can eat anything which comes to my sight, even if I am on training and strict dieting. That's the reason why his muscles show up even in his suit while I looked like a potato.

The only thing, I envy about him. Yet, something in us made us close, he was like my brother of the same age.

"Are you sure Lambert and Leo will meet us here?" He asked looking at me and then he turns his head to another side finding them in the crowd.

Lambert and Leo were our other companions in this mission, and we ought to meet at London's Dockland near the abundant ship at one in the afternoon while all are busy so that we can easily hide and go to the place where we can continue with our mission.

We had just seen each other in photographs and talked via letters. Before coming to the mission, the agency trains us with a special code or better said our mysterious language.

Probably the most important code-breaking event of the war is the successful decryption by the Allies of the German "Enigma" Cipher.

The decryption of the Enigma Cipher allowed the Allies to read important parts of German radio traffic on important networks and is an invaluable source of military intelligence throughout the war. Intelligence from this source, and other high-level sources, including the Fish cyphers, called Ultra.

"Hello, Mr Brooks." An unfamiliar voice spoke dryly from behind. I turned my head around to find Lambert and Leo. Finally, they arrived.

_________________________

Hello, Amigos!

Please vote, Comment, and Share with your friends and follow me to get notified about the next updates.

By Kirtaana2290.