III

Block 30,
London.

Lorenzo's Pov,

"Block 30 is near dockyard that's why we can easily escape, and it's a place only for Rich people, therefore, no one can find us here," Lucas said. I came out of my thoughts and looked at him. He took a sip of tea from his cup "Thinking of it I thought, it to be expensive and luxurious but this area seems to be mysterious and is not ordinary for sure. While coming from the dockyard, many people didn't know about this place, which was both a boon and a bane for us," he chuckled and took another sip.

I, along with Lucas, took house number 105 while Leo and Lambert took house number 106, which was just beside our building.

We arrived a few minutes ago and got freshen up. Later, we met for a cup of tea in my and Lucas's house. Lucas made tea for us and sat beside me on the sofa while Leo and Lambert sat on the opposite sofa facing us.

I kept looking down, watching my cup of tea the whole time, and it became cold. I sighed and stood up while grabbing my and Lucas's empty cup into the kitchen and placed it inside the washbasin.

I turned around to leave, but Lucas was standing at the door glaring at me "I guess I need rest" I said and skedaddled inside the first room, which I had made as my bedroom and sat at the corner of the bed.

Words are the strongest weapon in this world. I still couldn't get over what he said. He was telling something to us in puzzles, which I couldn't figure it. Everyone neglected what he said, but the confidence he had and his eyes said some other story. That old guy was mysterious.

What confused me was that why was I feeling so relaxed after hearing him? I should get worried and panicked, but I was not!

My head spun off thinking about it again. My emotions weren't to me anymore.

What have I gotten myself into?

A week had passed since we moved here. Everything was going properly.

We met many of our German soldiers who worked under Europeans and collected information during the day and sent it via Enigma Machines, which we had hidden inside our house's attic at night.

A German Enigma operator would give a plaintext message to encrypt. After setting up this machine, he would type the message on the Enigma keyboard. For each letterpress, one lamp lit showing an original letter according to a pseudo-random substitution determined by the electrical pathways inside the machine. They would record the letter showed by the lamp, typically by a second operator, as the cypher-text letter. The action of pressing a key also moved one or more rotors so that the next keypress used a different electrical pathway, and thus a different substitution would occur even if we entered again the same plaintext letter.

The lights while typing could create a problem for us, that's why we selected attic as our room to forward messages. I collected material to write while Lucas would type it on the machine. We didn't have a fear in the Attic because it had only one small round shape window which faced the opposite bungalow. Luckily, that apartment was uninhabited.

Leo and Lambert would prepare dinner while monitoring the surrounding. If they found any passers-by they would immediately warn us so that no one would suspect us.

It would take us hours to complete our work. Mostly around two or three in the morning, we would go to sleep. After coming to London I am suffering from Insomnia, just like now. It's thirty past four in the morning and I am staring at the roof waiting for the sleep which I felt won't come soon. That's why I got up from my bed and head towards the balcony. As soon as I stepped out a strong wave of cool air touches my face making me shiver and feel fresh. The wind making my hair and my shirt fly with it.

I take a deep breath. I was about to realize it when a thunder suddenly struck out on the tree which was just in front of where I am standing. It almost made me blind due to its bright light.

I stumble and fall inside my room because of the tremendous jolt of lightning and my heartbeat fastens hearing the sound of it. The pain in my back made it tough for me to move. 'Teepee' sound is all I hear. I groan in pain and rest where I landed. I open my eyes and try to look everywhere but everything is black. A shiver went down my spine again.

"Oh my God! Lorenzo!" I faintly hear Lucas's alarmed voice but couldn't realize from where. I can't even recognize the place where I fell. I felt him moving towards me and making me stand on my numb legs. Because of an unforeseen mishap, I could barely feel any part of my body. All I know is that I am above Lucas and he pulls me somewhere.

He supports me to lay down, that's when I realised I am on the bed. I am still afraid of thinking about the lightning, my pulse is racing so fast making me struggle to breathe properly. I was having a panic attack, I couldn't feel my body when I tried moving it, I turned blind and deaf as the voices are so faint that I couldn't make out who was saying.

"Ah!" I groan again as an immense amount of pain hams inside my brain.

"Lucas? I can't see or hear you, Ah! This headache is killing me!" The creepy sound was slowly fading and I could hear Lucas, Leo and Lambert's voice faintly.

"I had called the doctor but..." that's what I faintly heard before passing out.