Part12: Intruder

Only 12 minutes had ticked by when Blue pulled into the drive way. Though he had time to calm down and think rationally, his anger was still brewing. Though he still wasn't completely sure what he wasn't angry about.

There was this nagging feeling in his gut, that he couldn't quite place. Liara wasn't his mate, she wasn't even his girlfriend. She was a Wolf in heat and he was there to calm the fire. Mika was his friend, he had no claim over him. He was someone he had promised his life to, a life debt. But it felt deeper somehow. He didn't know who he was upset with, or why, but without a doubt he was hurt. But knowing the two of them were together, alone, frustrated him.

Blue slammed on the car horn. Impatiently he waited for Mika to come out. Grinding his teeth he gripped the steering wheel like he wanted to snap it off. Slowly but surely Mika emerged, barging out of the RV, still putting on his shirt. The sun glistened on his skin, especially his abs that were still moist from his shower. Blue could see why Liara was so crazy over him, he was a handsome man.

"Damn, I'm coming

"Damn, I'm coming." Mika barked jumping in the car and slamming the door.

Blue said nothing, offered no pleasantries or greetings. Instead he floored it down the country road, zipped through town and ended up on another dirt road, miles away from Honeybee. Blue took a dirt utility road until the terrain became unstable and barely passable. Neither of the men had spoken to one another. There was a secret between the two of them and neither felt like sharing.

Coming to a halt Blue opened his door, with a cold, "Get out."

Mika followed. The men walked along a steep ridge overlooking a vast forest. They spotted the small camp of Red Kota's. There were Campers, Trucks and tents set up around an extinguished bonfire.

"Down there." Blue said kneeling down between an opening of thick bushes.

Mika knelt down next to him. "How many are there?"

"10 to 12 Kota's by my count." He replied catching the scent of Mika in his nose. His Wolf groaned. The faint scent of Liara lingered on his flesh. The mixture of scents was alluring.

When Mika turned to him he saw Blue staring at him, his gaze quizzical. "What?"

"Nothing." Quickly Blue looked away and diverted the attention back to the Kota's. "Over there, see that guy with the black band on his jacket."

"Yeah."

"That's the one calling the shots around here." Blue pointed at Parker sitting on a tree stump sharpening a blade against a whet stone.

The man looked to be in his late twenties, early thirties, a stern expression on his face. The other men took their orders from them, scurried to do whatever task he gave them.

"Where's Barrett?" Mika asked with a snarl.

"I don't know. His scent is nearby, but I don't see him. But Barrett isn't the one that's important. That guy is." Blue replied pointing at Parker.