Chapter Twenty-Three

Two Months Later

The doorbell rang and I got up from doing my homework to get it.

"Hello stranger," my dad said as he pulled me in for a hug. He visited me whenever he could. Ever since what happened he felt that it would be best if
I stay with Maya and Aaron as long as he could visit when he could. We all agreed.

The court hearings were cancelled, and Rosie is still in my life. She is like a part of our family now. I love her like a sister.

When Lily died, my dad, decided to cremate her and told the place to do whatever they wanted with the ashes. He did not want anything to do with her and I did not blame him. He even cut off her side of the family from contacting us.

Emma was never found and is technically still running or hiding. The police have been looking for her but have not been able to apprehend her.

I am not worried though. If she is stupid enough to try and come after me, then she is crazier than her aunt.

My family is not taking any chances though. They have prepared a plan incase Emma would come back just for the safety of us all. We even have cop protection until she is found.

My family and I sat down for dinner that evening and we all laughed and joked. I looked at all the people in my life and my heart felt like it is about to burst out of my chest. The love and warmth I get from everyone is overwhelming sometimes, but I would not have it any other way.

The doorbell rang again. "I will get it," I said with a huge smile on my face. I opened the door and the color drained.

There on the welcome mat is a dead crow with a sign that says, "watch your back." I could not move. I could not talk. How could this not be over? I guess with a family of psycho's this is what I get to live my life like.

Everyone is wondering why I had not come back and came to investigate and once they saw what I did. They too lost their words and their smiles. This is another promise, which is worse than a threat, from none other than, Emma. The card had an XOXO Emma at the end of it.