Chapter Twenty-One

My stomach dropped and my heart is pounding like a drum. She knows, is all I can think. I have to leave, and I know that, but I am frozen in place.

"WHERE THE HELL IS IT, SKYLAR!?" Lily is coming towards me screaming. A wild killer look in her eyes. I feel like I am not even here in this moment. Everything I just read to seeing her like this, I can not think. I can not even move.

Lily grabs me by the arm and starts yanking me around and that is when I finally wake up from my trance.

"Let me go!" I demand in her face. I break free and start to run, "You will not get away with this. I know who you are, and I know what you plan, but I do not know why." Lily starts laughing.

"Oh, hun. You know nothing. You have no idea who you are dealing with. In fact, you are so clueless that you came over here without anyone else. Where is that pretty Piper and the oh so wonderful Xavier? Hmm? They can not help you now, darling."

"You are psycho," that is when I noticed she had a knife in her hand. I did not even see it until now. How could I have missed that? Lily smiled when I looked down at her hand and I have never felt so scared in my entire life.

"I did plan to use your dad for money. I want you dead for me to achieve that though. Then your daddy and I will live happily ever after," she lunged at me.

"Why kill my family for money?" I got scraped by the tip of the knife, but I refused to let her win.

"Because. You and your dad are spoiled. I have watched you Skylar, you just do whatever you want with that pretty little family. You never treat your dad that way. Oh no, you do not even care to try to be in your fathers life. I want to ruin you. But I planned on doing it much worse than you thought, but you caught onto my plan. Found the will, so now you must die," she again tried to stab me, but I am quicker than her.

"What did I ever do to you or Emma?" I never met her in my entire life. I do not even know that I am capable of turning someone into this.

"It was not you, darling. This is all because of your momma. You see, I was supposed to marry your dad. Then your mom came into the picture and he started cheating on me with your mom. Soon after that he left me. He apologized, but that did not matter to me. So, when your momma got sick, I watched, and I waited. One her last day I visited her. I told her I would destroy her family. She pleaded that I would not and to have mercy on her family. That same day your mom died. I knew she was ill, however, her dying on that day made it pretty convenient for me," by this time we were playing a dance of some kind. Her with the knife and me trying to avoid being stabbed, "I made a promise that day and I plan to keep it. Emma saw my vision and offered to help me. Sometimes blood is thicker than water. Some spoiled brat is not going to change that. I will have everything I wanted that should have been rightfully mine to begin with," she is looking crazier and crazier the more she talks. I am afraid to make any sudden movements for fear of being stabbed. Somehow though I managed to get to the kitchen with all the walking and dodging. I found a pair of scissors and while she was preoccupied with talking and following me, I grabbed them behind my back.

"So, let me get this straight, you want my family to suffer because my dad cheated on you? Are you kidding me?" I knew I should not have said it, but it honestly baffled me. She must be really gone if that is all she could think about all these years.

"YES! Don't you get it? Your mother took everything that should have been mine from me," she started hysterically crying, which made her even more crazy, "I loved your father. My mission became to kill everyone he loved and watch me do it. But first I had to ruin your life and make sure you remained home, but you ruined those plans by snooping. Now you have to die, and I will make it look like an accident," she kept trying to stab me and I had the scissors still, but I was hoping I did not have to use them.

"Just put down the knife and I can get you help. What my dad and mom did should not have happened and I am so sorry it did but killing me and my dad is not going to fix you," she lunged at me then with pure anger in her eyes. We fell on the floor and she kept trying to stab me, but I am squirming too much for her to get a good hit. The scissors are pinned behind my back, she nicks me and then she stabs me and all I see are black stars. Despite my pain, I shove her off me and grab the scissors and I lung at her and stab her. I do not know where nor do I care, but I run out of the house as best I can and run to the neighbors. I knock on the door and someone answers and sees that I am covered in blood.

"Please call 911," and then I passed out from the blood I lost.