Chapter Four

The house is huge. I didn't let myself like the house though. I didn't let myself enjoy the time with my family. I kept thinking about my dad and Lily. He didn't even try to ask me if I wanted to stay with Maya, but I did promise myself I would try for my dad. I was a junior bridesmaid in the wedding with my best friend from Lily's family, Emma Stockwell.

Emma was probably my only friend who knew everything about me, besides Piper. She knew about the issues between Lily and I. I tried to like Lily I really did, but something about her wouldn't allow me to like her. Although, if she told me to do something I would do it no matter what.

Lily did not seem to really try to get to know me and she did not really show that she cared for me. Which did not help our relationship. I truly tried to make it work with Lily, but she just knew how to push the right buttons. Dad never defended me, so I just let it be. I was never one to create drama and I would never start causing problems because it's just wrong.

I wanted to tell Maya and Aaron what's been going on, but I felt like I'd be burdening them. I called them every day and I could tell they enjoyed my calls. They always asked how I was over here and I said the same thing every time, "fine." I wasn't fine. I was far from fine. I had gotten a job at Save-A-Lot. I was there more than I was home because I needed an escape or I would go to the library.

"Skyler!" I heard the door slam. I already knew it was going to be hell today.

"What!" I used the same tone she did. If she disrespected me then I will do the same.

Lily came into my room then. She has black long hair that I kind of wish I had and brown eyes with full lips. She reminded me of the queen from Maleficent the live action only she doesn't become good.

"Don't you dare use that tone of voice with me." I rolled my eyes at her.

"Why did I get a call saying you did not go to work today?" I just stared at her with a smirk.

"Since when is that any of your business?"

"Since you are under my roof and I provide you with shelter, food and water. Correct your attitude you horrific fiend."

There it is, the name calling. See Lily never liked me. Probably her own personal issue, but since I've figured it out, I've had fun messing with her like she messed with my life. I made it my sole purpose to piss her off as much as I can.

"Oh, so you think it's okay to call me names? Let me shed some light on how parenting works, hun. You're not supposed to treat me like you are. It's called child abuse. I'll gladly call them for you and get back to my rightful family."

Lily gave me the stank eye. "Listen, you little brat. I did not know your father had a kid. I don't want you here any more than you want to be, but I can't let you leave. If you leave then your father..." Lily trailed off. Probably said too much. I didn't really care to listen. "You're going to stay here and do exactly as I say. If you don't I will make sure you pay."

"Oh, so now you're threatening me?" I couldn't stand her and her obnoxious voice.

"Oh sweetie, that's not a threat. It's a promise." I just rolled my eyes and got up from my bed.

"Where do you think you're going? I have things you need to do!" I just kept walking and put my headphones in so I didn't have to listen to her anymore. I went to the woods that they have in the back and went to my usual tree with a good book and just stayed there until I felt Lily would leave me alone.

I finally went back inside and felt I needed to talk to someone. I needed out of this house or I was going to lose it.

I called Piper. She answered on the first ring.