Pop-Tarts and Painting

ARGH SORRY THIS CHAPTER WAS A BIT LATE I HAD ALL THE IDEAS BUT COULDN'T GET THE WORDS DOWN!!! Anyways happy reading :))

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

Alex

The remaining avengers all stood flabbergasted in the lab as they gaped at the fact that Alex, Tony and Bucky were actually having a group hug — rather than killing each other with poisonous acids, which was what they had been expecting.

Finally, Tony broke out of the hug,
"Right, okay, it's getting weird now. Move over Barnes."

The three of them turned to see their friends watching them in confusion — Alex merely smiled and waved her un-bandaged hand.

"What happened down here then?" Natasha asked, suspiciously raising her eyebrow — affection was most definitely not Tony's forte so there had to be a catch.

Tony shrugged.
"Just your normal bonding hug." He replied nonchalantly.

"Sounded like panicking and shouting a few minutes ago." Nat remarked, crossing her arms. "Spit it out. What happened?"

Tony rolled his eyes dramatically.
"So I started the lesson, teaching like any normal person does, and then Barnes here convinced me to let us do experiments, so I did... and now we're here." He shrugged as though he hadn't missed out the enormous middle chunk of the story.
From across the room, Steve scowled in disbelief, causing Tony to quickly add, "oh yeah, and Alex got burnt by hydrochloric acid on her hand."

The three of them winced at the outbreak of panicked responses.
"ALEX DID WHAT?!"

Quickly Bruce ran over to the little girl, checking the bandage on her hand. He looked up at Tony with disappointment.
"Tony... the most you were meant to use was a pencil and paper..." he sighed after having ensured that Alex's burn was securely wrapped.

"You can blame this man for that." Tony annoyingly flicked Bucky's arm, who flushed slightly.

Steve sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.
"Really, Buck?"

Bucky put his hands up in defense.
"Look I'm just saying, you didn't hear that man try to teach! Jesus he's like a boring old robot — and he's younger than me!" He exclaimed, causing Alex to giggle.

"Watch it, Barnes." Tony snapped.

Natasha clapped her hands together.
"Alright boys, playtime's over. Let's go, you two are coming with me." She gestured for them to follow her out the door, like a disapproving mother.

"Why?"
They both nervously said in unison.

Natasha narrowed her eyes at them evilly.
"I just wanna have a word with you two." She turned and strode out the door with Tony and Bucky trailing miserably behind her, looking like schoolchildren heading to the headmaster's office.
Grinning broadly at the fact that this time it wasn't him being scolding, Clint waved the two of them out the door, sticking his tongue out childishly.

Natasha quickly popped her head back round.
"For that, Clint you can come too." She demanded.

"What?! What did I do?!" He exclaimed.

"You breathed. Come on, let's go." She ordered as Clint also disappointedly filed out the door, already knowing full well that protesting would get him nowhere.

"Well I think it's safe to say they're all being dealt with." Steve said as they hear the fading voice of Natasha hissing at the three of them whilst seemingly dragging them away. "But Bruce, please always be around for Alex's science lessons." Steve requested, turning to look at the scientist.