Acidic Accidents

QUICK NOTE: the base idea of part of this chapter (Bucky with Alex) was given to me as a request by one of my lovely readers Lozzypoz321  so thank you so much for the idea!
(Don't forget to message me if any of you have ideas)!
Now happy reading!

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

Steve

The Avengers had all gathered in the living room after having been assembled after a call from Tony — Steve had originally offered to make the call, but soon gave up after finding himself unable to hold the phone against his ear correctly (yup, the man's spent years saving the world, and yet he still can't quite get his head 'round modern technology).

Once the seven adults were all happily settled down, Steve began his big announcement.
"So, I think we've all probably noticed that since we've started working and doing our own thing, Alex—"
He scowled frustratedly as his first sentence had already been cut short by a very impatient Tony.

"Let's skip the speech and cut to the chase instead, hmm?" The billionaire suggested, raising his eyebrow at Steve, who tightly crossed his arms, scowling with hostility. "Basically, the kid's bored and basically been attacking us—"

This time it was Tony's turn to be interrupted.
"So she's been sneaking up on you too? She scared the hell outta me the other day in the kitchen!" Bruce exclaimed, whilst everyone looked at him with their brows raised. "What?" He as defensively.

"Yeah Alex's been sneaking up on us, but most of us haven't actually been scared by it, Bruce." Clint remarked, trying to contain his laughter.

"Anyway," Tony continued impatiently, "we've come to an agreement that we're gonna homeschool her." He said bluntly, as though the decision was similar to something as simple as what they were having for dinner.

There was an outbreak of responses.

"Where was the 'we' in his?!" Bruce exclaimed exasperatedly.
Natasha spoke over him. "You guys wouldn't even be able to homeschool yourselves."
"Cool." Clint shrugged as he loudly bit into an apple.

"Look, guys, guys!" Steve said over them placidly. "Just think about it; none of us are actually gonna be okay with sending Alex to a public school, but she still needs her education and if she doesn't find something to do 'round here at some point, she's gonna get up to a lot of trouble." He explained fairly.

"Trouble that would have absolutely nothing to do with you, isn't that right, brother?" Thor said quietly, causing Loki to pull a face of mock surprise.

"Of course not, brother. You act as though I am a poor example for the child." He said, sounding offended.
Thor merely chuckled lightly.

"So say we all choose to do this, how're we still meant to do our jobs?" Bruce asked, ever so slightly warming to the idea.

"We alternate." Tony stated plainly. "Everyone can spend an hour a day teaching Alex a lesson for a subject," he shrugged nonchalantly, "can't be that hard."

Bruce nodded his head slowly, before scowling.
"And of we're all busy?"

Steve interjected.
"I could probably get Buck or Sam to fill in for one of us." He offered.

Natasha scoffed.
"They can't teach for the life of them." She muttered in amusement.

Ignoring Nat's comment, Steve continued,
"So is everyone okay with that now?" He asked hopefully.

"I'm down." Clint shrugged.

Bruce frowned slightly, still unsure of the matter.

"Oh, come on, Banner. How hard could this be?" Thor asked, smiling confidently at his friend.