Just a Little Bit Bored

It had been a while.

Months had passed since the alien attack against The Avengers and they were all now well into the new year.

Alex had now fully accustomed to her life in the tower with her family; she was continuing her training sessions with Loki, her and Thor had started up a hobby of baking, they all often had movie nights, but she just couldn't quite work out why no one would play dress up with her anymore.

Nevertheless, her days were fun and mindless, her schedule empty — perhaps a little too empty...

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

Alex

Cheerfully, Alex skipped her way down one of the Avengers Tower's many corridors, humming a little melody to herself.

She leapt and twirled as she went, her mind doing cartwheels in her head as she racked her brain for what to do; despite being well-looked-after, Alex couldn't help but notice that everyone in the tower had a job to do. She watched throughout each day as they would go their separate ways for a while, all with tasks in mind, with their own purpose.

The more she observed, the more Alex found that she didn't have that. She'd done just about everything she could think of in the tower and yet she didn't feel that sense of achievement.
She wanted a job too, just like everyone else.

She came to a dizzying stop, thinking of where to go.

"Jarvis?" Her little voice called out.

"How may I be of assistance?" She heard the AI's eloquent voice reply.

Alex tapped her chin in thought.
"Show me where everyone is... please." She added for good measure.
Her request was immediately answered to as a holographic map of the tower was projected before her, each with a name label of where everyone was.

She squinted her eyes beadily in observation — who should she bother next?
Hmm...
Tony and Bruce were currently in the lab — boring she sighed. Steve and Thor appeared to be in the training rooms and Nat and Clint weren't in.
She huffed, there must be someone doing something slightly interesting.

Suddenly, her heart skipped as she saw Loki's label moving down a hall— maybe they could train again to today?
Yet her momentary grin of excitement was replaced with a disappointed pout as she watched him turn a corner and enter the library instead.

Her disappointment didn't last long, however, before a cheeky smile began to appear on lips, an idea springing into her head. Her legs took off in an instant down the hall, her little bare feet pattering on the hard floor as she ran.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

Loki

Loki sighed softly as he sat himself down in an oak chair, breathing in the comforting air of ancient paper and books.
The library was most probably his favourite room in the tower, it was peaceful and most usually empty, yet it didn't feel lonesome, like the characters from each book were a friendly presence — best of all, there was no one he would have to talk to.

Leaning back into his chair, the god opened his book, turning to the correct page before beginning to read, losing himself in this new world of different characters and twists.