Christmas

🎄 MERRY CHRISTMAS 🎄

The beginning of December

Alex

It was finally December: only just a month after what both Tony and Alex had begun calling the 'Alien Invasion'. Fortunately, the Avengers Tower, thanks to Tony's enormous amounts of money, was almost completely back to normal.

Alex had woken up that morning to a ray of light seeping into her room from under the curtains and the sounds of people's voices, chattering downstairs.
Yawning widely, she stretched her arms out, checking the time on her bedside table: 10:57.

Tired of sleeping, she rolled herself out of her cocoon of blankets and onto her own two feet, swiftly opening the pale curtains as she squinted in the light.

The air outside looked crisp and wintery and Alex could already see shops being decorated with multicoloured lights... hold on, why was everywhere decorated with lights? And why were people decorating trees? She scowled momentarily before shrugging her shoulders, her happy grin returning as she pushed her thoughts aside and bounded out the door, not bothering to change out of her pyjamas.

Alex hopped down the stairs before entering the lounge, where six of the avengers sat, a stack of their used plates remaining on the table. A grin still stuck to her face, Alex greeted everyone with joyful hugs before eventually sitting herself down beside Steve, who wrapped an arm around her little shoulders, smiling.

"Hey kiddo." Clint greeted, leaning back in his seat as he opened his mouth to say more, however, he was shortly cut off by Bruce interrupting.

"How are you feeling today, Alex?" He asked, leaning forwards in slight anticipation.

Alex beamed at him, her smile not having left her face for one second.
"Much better!" She exclaimed, nodding her head vigorously to ensure that her message was conveyed. Bruce carefully concealed a large sigh of relief, the thought of the little girl's wellbeing clearly having been pestering him ever since she had had such a rough fever.

As she looked around the living room, Alex's brows furrowed in confusion.
"Where's Thor?" She asked, noticing that her favourite thunderous god was missing.

As if on cue, Thor entered be room carrying a plate that was stacked high with waffles, glistening with syrup and adorned with different coloured berries.
"I believe I have officially mastered the art of these fine waffle creations." He announced, proudly beaming at everyone.

Alex's face lit up at the sight of breakfast as she greeted Thor with a large hug, which was immediately returned as he handed her the sweet, aromatic plate of food. Having thanked Thor, Alex sat back down, excitedly tucking into her new favourite meal.

Thor sat down on the sofa beside Loki, who scowled, his eyes scanning his brother's empty hands.
"Brother, you are not eating." He stated, in the same disapproving way a mother would speak.

The god of thunder's face broke into an even wider grin.
"Ah, you see, I have found something even more superior to these waffles, something purely irresistible!" He exclaimed as he slowly reached a hand into his pocket, dramatically revealing a packet of strawberry pop-tarts. He smiled ecstatically, his eyes darting from person to person, looking for a reaction as delighted as his own.

Tony raised one eyebrow at his friend, a small smirk playing on his lips.
"You like pop-tarts?" He asked incredulously.

Taking a large bite of the pastry, Thor nodded his head enthusiastically, causing Alex to giggle in between bites of her waffle.
Tony shook his head, smiling.