Prologue

January 17, 2012

Louis was officially done with dating, he couldn't do it anymore.

Jordan had been the last guy he had dated, they had been going out for a couple of months, and that morning, when Louis tried to make things official with him, he said he didn't want a serious relationship and said that it was best if they didn't see each other any more.

Before Jordan it had been Kyle, and they had been dating for 6 months when Louis went to surprise him at his work and found him kissing an intern in his office. What happened after that wasn't pretty.

Gavin had come before Kyle, and Dominic before him, and Louis could never forget about Ryan, who came before Dominic, he had been a real asshole. The list went on and on, and every time things had gone south, because they had cheated or had commitment issues or because they were not that into Louis.

All of that was going through his head while he went through some details for one of the events he was planning, which was a 50th wedding anniversary.

"Louis, Niall was looking for you" one of the assistants said popping her head inside his office.

"I'll be right there" Louis answered.

He pulled his chair back and went to the other big office of the company, Niall's.

He didn't even bother knocking when he got there, Niall and him had been friends for years and they owned an event planning company together, which was called 'Clover'. They had opened it 5 years ago, with the help of Liam's trust-fund money, and it had become one of London't hottest event planning companies, people had to book them many months in advance of the actual event.

"Hey blondie, you wanted to talk to me?" Louis greeted when he walked in, while checking his phone.

"Yeah" Niall said.

Louis looked up and that's when Louis realized Niall had his kids with him in the office and his face lit up with a smile.

"Hey girls, come give me a hug".

"Uncle Lou" both girls shouted and ran to Louis to hug him.

Louis squatted and embraced both girls ir a bear hug. Violet was the oldest, she was 4 and Nora was 2. They both had blond hair and brown eyes, but their features were quite different, Violet had a lot of Niall in her, while little Nora looked a lot more like her other dad, Liam.

"You two have grown so much since the last time I saw you! You're giants now!" Louis teased them.

Nora gave him a little smile, she was kind of shy, the complete opposite of her sister.

"You're silly uncle Lou, you saw us the other day" Violet shook her head like she couldn't believe Louis's stupidity.

"I don't remember seeing you in ages" said Louis joking.

Nora frowned in confusion while Violet rolled her eyes at him, which made Louis laugh.

"I'm just joking Nori" Louis said giving her a kiss on the cheek and then doing the same with Violet "Go play while I talk to your papa".

They said okay and went back to play with their dolls that were laying on the floor where they had left them when they went to say hi to Louis.

"Why are the kids here?" Louis asked while he took Jace from Niall's arms and kissed his cheek.

"The nanny called in sick this morning so I had to bring them" Niall replied handing Louis his youngest child.

Louis sat down across from Niall with Jace facing him. He was such a cute baby, Louis just wanted to kiss his chubby cheeks all day long.