9. Just wait and see

"What the fu..." Niall started to say when he walked inside Matty's room and saw Louis.

"Hey Niall" Louis said cutting him off "I didn't know you were coming this morning".

"I only stopped by to bring you breakfast and to check how Matty is doing before I go to work" Niall replied as he looked at Louis in confusion "Sorry I didn't come all weekend I was swamped in events, I barely saw Liam and the kids".

"That's fine" Louis said walking up to him and taking a cup of coffee from the cup holder he had in his hand "And thanks for this, the coffee of the vending machine is terrible".

"No problem" Niall said keeping his eyes stuck on Louis.

"Stop staring, it's rude" Louis said and took a drink from his coffee.

"What happened to you hair?" Niall asked in turn.

"I shaved it" Louis said as he rolled his eyes, it was pretty obvious.

"Why?".

Louis motioned to the bed where Matty was sleeping, tightly hugging his teddy bear, his shaved head was covered with a blue hat.

"Oh no, poor baby" Niall said pouting, probably realizing why Matty was wearing a hat.

"He's actually okay with it" Louis explained "I shaved my hair first and I convinced him hair was a waste of time and that being bald was on trend and that we were good looking enough to pull it off, and at the end he literally begged me to shave his hair".

"Aww Lou" Niall said with his eyes glossy "That's so sad and sweet at the same time".

"Please don't start crying, you know crying is not allowed in Matty's presence, even if he's sleeping" said Louis "So if he wakes up tell him how good he looks or something like that".

"I won't cry Lou" Niall replied rubbing his eyes with his hands "And I'll definitely tell him he looks cute, because it's true".

"Thanks mate" Louis half smiled.

"I just can't believe you shaved your head" Niall said inspecting Louis's head.

"I just did what any parent would do in the same situation" Louis brushed off and went to sit down.

"I've seen other parents in this floor and none of the have shaved heads" Niall told him as he sat next to Louis.

"Then they're bad parents" Louis said.

"To be honest, I don't know if I would be able to do it myself" Niall said.

"You would do it in a heartbeat for any of your kids Ni" said Louis "You'd even do it for Matty if it was necessary".

"Yeah, I probably would".

"Don't worry, you won't have to do it, I told Matty you and Liam were 't good looking enough like us to pull it off" Louis chuckled.

"You're right, I would look terrible without hair" Niall stated "But Liam could pull it off, remember when he shaved his hair like ten years ago? He looked kind of hot".

"He didn't shave his hair, we did" Louis corrected.

"He let us do it".

"If I remember correctly it was a dare and he was very drunk" said Louis.

"It was so funny when he woke up the next morning" Niall laughed.

"Speaking of Liam, I thought he would have told you I did this, he came by yesterday afternoon during his shift" Louis said.