4. Choco ice cream it is

The morning of the doctor's appointment Louis had to drag Matty out of bed again, and he had even let him sleep more than usual because the appointment was at 10, and Louis had cleared his entire morning to take him. On the other hand, the little boy didn't refuse his breakfast, but he didn't eat it all, just half, and Louis couldn't get him to eat more.

Later, when he took him to his room to get him dressed, Louis realized Matty's skin was looking a lot paler than normal, or did it look like that because of the bruises? No, it weren't the bruises, his cute face was pale too, the little red he usually had on his cheeks was gone.

Since his conversation with Liam the morning before, Louis had been worried about Matty, and although Liam said he shouldn't, he had to, he had seen something in Liam's face that told him that what was going on with Matty could be serious.

"Papa?" Matty asked after Louis had taken him out of the car.

"Yeah?" Louis replied as he locked the car and started walking with Matty on his hip.

"Daycae?" the boy wondered confused, probably not recognizing his surroundings.

"You're not going to daycare today Matty" Louis answered

"Where Matty go?".

"To see someone with papa" Louis replied.

"Papa no go wowk?" Matty wondered.

"Nope".

"Yay!" Matty cheered almost hitting Louis's face in the excitement.

"Be careful with papa's face monkey" Louis told him.

"Sowy papa".

"It's fine love" Louis replied and kissed his cheek.

They made their way through the medical center until they reached the forth floor, which was were the pediatricians offices were at. Louis had been there a few times before, Dr. Branson had been Matty's doctor since he was born.

"Hello, we have an appointment at 10 to see Dr. Branson" Louis said to a woman at the front desk "Name's Matthew Tomlinson".

"Me!" Matty said from Louis's arms.

"I figured that was you honey" the woman smiled at Matty and then turned to Louis handing him a paper "If you could sign here please Mr. Tomlinson".

Louis signed and then went to take a seat with Matty, sitting him on his lap, while the little boy entertained himself with a foam car he had insisted on bringing. He was trying not to think about why they were there, about Matty being sick, but it was impossible, it was the only thing going through his mind, and it was killing him.

After a few minutes Louis was told to go into the doctor'a office, so he walked up there with Matty, they said hello to the doctor, and he sat Matty at the examination table as the doctor told him and he changed him into a paper gown.

"What brings you here today Matty?" Dr. Branson asked the toddler, he was a really nice lad, he knew how to deal with kids so they wouldn't get scared of being at the doctor.

"Papa say no daycae fow Matty an' no wowk fow papa" Matty replied.

"Really?" the doctor asked "I wonder why? You weren't supposed to come here for months".

Louis realized it was his turn to explain why Matty was there, so he went on to tell him everything that had been going on while the doctor examined Matty and nodded in acknowledgement of what Louis was saying.

"... so that's when I discovered the bruises, but my friend Liam said Matty hadn't fallen hard enough to be bruising like that, so he examined him, because he's a doctor, and he said the lymph nodes of his neck were swollen" Louis finished.