46. It was inevitable

LOUIS

Louis couldn't wait for the day to be over, but it had just started.

He was setting up the last big event he was planning before he went on leave, and already he was regretting not going on leave a week before.

For starters, he had to leave the flat very early, which was why he was really tired. That had also meant not seeing Matty before he left, and Harry only woke up to kiss him goodbye, and to remind him to please try to avoid Ethan, knowing he was going to be at Scott's wedding.

Apparently, Harry was afraid that Ethan might somehow bother him or say something to him, but Louis wasn't worried at all, he had developed a pretty thick skin at this point of his life, plus, he was there to work, not fight or even talk to his boyfriend's ex.

And so far, he hadn't seen him, not that he even knew how he looked like, but he was sure he was going to see him sooner or later, according to the information he had been given by Scott, Ethan was the best man.

To make matters worse, just when he arrived at the location of the wedding, one of the two assistants that was going to be working with him that day, called saying he had food poisoning, which meant Louis was going to do a lot more work than he had done.

But that wasn't just it; it was supposed to start raining any minute now, which Scott was freaking out about, because he had been planning to take pictures outside, in the gardens of the castle where the wedding was.

But who the hell could count on the weather for a wedding in the middle of November?

A stupid person, that was the answer.

The worst of all, was that Scott had practically blamed Louis for the rain, which was absolutely insane. For that, Louis had come close to tell him to go to hell, but he somehow managed to control his temper, and he excused himself to keep working on trying to make everything else perfect for that diva.

Finally, there was the fact that the baby had been kicking and kicking all morning, which had been driving Louis crazy, and no matter what he did, Poppy wouldn't stop.

And now, because crap days always needed a cherry on top, Louis had started feeling Braxton Hicks contractions for the first time during this pregnancy, which didn't really hurt like real contractions, but they were a bother.

He took a few deep breaths, to try to cope with the contractions, but they weren't going away. So he walked up to the bar, which was being set up, to see if he could get a glass of water, that always used to help get rid of the contractions when he was pregnant with Matty.

"Can I have a glass of water, please?" Louis asked a blonde that was behind the bar, and he left his papers, iPad, and phone on top of it.

"Uhm..." the lad hesitated.

"Just tap water, whatever is easiest" Louis said as he rubbed his bump, and he knew his voice sounded whiny "Please?".

"Yeah, sure" the blonde nodded, and quickly grabbed a glass and filled it with water.

Once Louis got the glass, he drank the entire thing, as if he had been deprived of water for a year.

"Are you okay?" the bartender asked, he seemed worried.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm good" Louis nodded as he put down the glass "But can I have more?".