25. It's not a big deal

LOUIS

July, 2015

Louis was anxious as he sat in the exam room waiting for Liam. It was his first appointment with him, and according to his friend, he was pregnant enough to do an ultrasound and hear the baby's heartbeat.

"Sorry for the long wait Lou, I was with another patient and she had a million questions" Liam said coming inside the exam room.

"No worries, Eleanor's with Matty" Louis replied.

"How is he today?" Liam wondered as he sat down in front of Louis.

"Good, he's been in good spirits today" said Louis.

"That's great Lou" Liam smiled and opened a file he had with him "The IVF clinic sent me your information, so I'm up to speed with everything".

"Okay" Louis nodded.

"What do you want to want to do first, ultrasound or talk about the pregnancy?" Liam wondered.

"Why is that even a question?" Louis asked.

"Ultrasound then" Liam chuckled as he stood up "I'll go wash my hands".

Louis went over to the ultrasound table and laid down; it was really comfortable, he could even take a nap there.

"I'm a little worried about something" Louis confessed when Liam sat down on the stool next to the machine.

"What's that?" Liam asked.

"It's just that when I was pregnant with Matty, I only got a proper baby bump when I was 11 weeks, but look at this" Louis said lifting up his shirt revealing his belly "That's a baby bump and I'm barely 9 weeks along".

"Most people start showing earlier in their second pregnancy" Liam said as he looked at his belly and then he started examining it "This is a normal 9 week bump for baby number 2, there's nothing to be worried about".

He hadn't expected to start showing so early, he thought he was going to have more time to break the news to Matty, but apparently he had been wrong. So far he had been hiding his little bump, which was pretty easy to do and he knew no one had noticed it so far, but he knew it was going to get harder to do soon.

"So why does that happen? Showing earlier the second time I mean" Louis asked curiously.

"It's because of the muscles in your stomach; the first time around they were stronger so they held for longer, but now having gone through a pregnancy before, your muscles aren't what they used to be, hence, you're showing earlier" Liam explained.

"So I have crap stomach muscles?" Louis wondered.

"It's normal for that to happen, and it gets worse with each baby" Liam insisted "When Niall was pregnant with Jace, he had a tiny bump at 6 weeks, and he hadn't even realized he was pregnant".

"Are you telling me you knew he was pregnant before he knew?".

"I suspected it" Liam shrugged as he tucked paper towel on the hem of Louis's pants "But I didn't say anything, I knew what his reaction was going to be, so I let him figure it out on his own".

"His reaction being him threatening to cut your balls off?" Louis said smiling.

"Yeah" Liam laughed and picked up the gel "Remember this is a little cold".

Louis nodded and Liam put some of it in his lower abdomen, and yep, it was as cold as he remembered.

"So this bump doesn't mean I'm having twins or something?" Louis questioned.