23. Happy day!

LOUIS

There was no doubt about it, Louis was pregnant.

He had known for over a week, but now he was having pregnancy symptoms, and that made it a lot more real. For the past few days he had been having morning sickness, but what was strange was that they never happened in the real morning. He kept waking up out of the blue in the middle of the night feeling nauseous and having to run to the bathroom to throw up. The good thing about it happening at night was that Matty was always asleep, so he hadn't
noticed anything.

But it wasn't only the morning sickness; he was tired a lot, he was more irritable than usual and he was always hungry. What he hadn't experienced so far were cravings, he had just been eating any food he could get his hands on, but that changed that day.

Louis was at the hospital, he had come back from work about half an hour ago, and for the last 10 minutes he had been dying to eat skittles, but not just any skittles, the red ones.

"Matty I have to go get something, I'll be back in a minute, okay?" Louis told his son.

"Kay" Matty agreed, he was distracted with a colouring book.

Louis stood up and hurried to the vending machine to see if it had what he wanted. He knew it was crazy, but he couldn't control himself anymore, which was weird because he didn't even like skittles that much in the first place.

But when he got there, he realized they didn't have any, and he wanted to cry.

"Nooo" Louis said dramatically.

"What's the matter with you?" Perrie asked, she had been walking by the corridor.

"There's no skittles" Louis pouted, he had his hands on the vending machine glass.

"Then get starbust, they taste similar" Perrie suggested.

"No, they don't!" Louis said in a childish manner.

"Kids like all candy, Matty won't care" Perrie said.

"They're for me, and it needs to be skittles" Louis said determinedly.

"There are more vending machines in the hospital" Perrie suggested "And there's always the cafeteria".

"Good idea" Louis said perking up "Can you keep an eye on Matty?".

"I was heading to his room actually" Perrie said.

"Is there something wrong?" Louis asked worried "Eleanor told me you were in more than usual this afternoon".

"Everything's okay, I'm only checking on him so much because he started the new chemo today" Perrie explained.

"Oh okay" Louis nodded.

"It's only a precaution, so you can go get your skittles without worrying" Perrie encouraged.

"Yeah, I think I'll go do that" Louis smiled sheepishly.

He went to every single vending machine in the hospital and only two had skittles but they only had those green sour ones, which was outrageous! What happened to good old classic skittles?

The last resort had been the cafeteria and he looked at the display of things they had and he didn't see skittles, but he still decided to ask.

"Hello, what can I get you?" the lad at the counter asked.

"Do you have skittles?" Louis asked hopeful.

"No, but we have M&M's" he replied smiling.

"Why are you offering me M&M's if I want skittles?" Louis asked annoyed.