What Love Can Do To You (Pt. 2)

Start from the beginning

They entered school together, spent the day walking each other to their classes, and left school together. Their afternoons were spent usually at Camila's house, watching movies or baking; or playing with camila's little sister, Sofia.

The day came where they spent one of their afternoons at Shawn's. When Camila saw Shawn's stack of white powder and pills stacked on his bedside table, she fled, Shawn running after her.

Truth was, because of Camila, Shawn hadn't smoked a joint or touched a pill for two months now. He'd suffered some withdrawal effects but he was much better now. And he knew that she needed to know that.

Rubbing his hands together in slight nervousness, Shawn walked up to the Cuban's cute cottage-like house. He rung the bell before a stone-faced Camila answered the door.

"Do you need anything?" She asked rather monotonously.

"Yes. 5 minutes. To explain. I promise I won't bother you again after this." Shawn spoke, scratching his neck nervously.

"Go on." Camila crosses her arms over her chest.

"I- I took drugs." Shawn stuttered, not knowing where to start.

"Shawn, I think I gathered that about 2 weeks ago." Camila spoke up, her voice scarily cold.

"Y-yeah um-"

"4 minutes." Camila spoke up loudly.

Shawn took in a deep breath.

"I took drugs because they helped me. My younger sister died 4 years ago. I have no one. My mom died when I was 7, my dad lives out of town with some crazy bitch." Shawn rolled his eyes, causing Camila's lips turn down into a slight, barely-there frown.

"I started hanging around these gang members. They gave me the drugs and the pills. The drugs helped me forget about my shitty life. They took over me completely. I lost sense of who I actually was, I took my anger out on other people and sometimes for some extra money, I sold some drugs to other people." Shawn revealed, making Camila gasp slightly.

"Until you." Shawn muttered softly, taking Camila's small hands in his. She let him.

"Camila when you entered those halls I had no idea someone could take me down. I had no idea what someone like you could do to me. When we began to get closer I enjoyed every minute of it with you. I love you. You knocked and twisted some sense into me." Camila chuckled, sniffling slightly at his revelation.

"I love you too." She sniffled. Then she frowned, "But you weren't really yourself were you? You were high or under the influence every time we talked. Every second of the day we swing together." Camila sniffled again.

"No.. I haven't taken those drugs in the last 8 weeks. I'm telling you, you changed me completely, Ive never met someone who understood me so well. We just fit. You are my drug. I need you." Shawn pleaded.

Camila's mind flashed back to all those times when Shawn would start shaking while they were watching a movie and he blamed it on the cold, times when Shawn couldn't crack an egg properly and he blamed it on being bad in the kitchen.

Her emotions overtook and she ignored the siren's her brain was giving her, before leaning u to capture his soft lips in hers.

Wrapping her arms around Shawn's neck, she led his hesitant hands to her waist. Shawn smirked into the kiss. He was kissing her. He was kissing those same lips that he'd kissed just a couple months ago.

Camila pulled away when she noticed shawns shaking slightly.

Shawn stood still as his slight tremors passed, Camila holding his hand to keep him steady.

"Are you okay?" She questioned, once he was still again.

"So much better now." Shawn grinned goofily, pulling through Cuban closer to him. She giggled.

"Now, we'll go throw those dumb pills and that stupid powder and then we can have a movie marathon." Camila ordered. Shawn nodded.

"And what else?" Shawn smirked as the two walked down the sidewalk, starting their small trek to Shawn's house.

"And if you clean every speck of that disgusting mess, maybe I'll give you a little award." Camila winked and Shawn hissed in happiness.

"Wow, have I turned Shawn Mendes into a softie?" Camila giggled."

"Guess that what love can do to you." Shawn spoke with a lopsided grin.

•••

YAYAYYAYAYA I FINALLY DID IT.

shawmilaforeva I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS IMAGINE. FEEL FREE TO REQUEST ANY MORE. 🥰🥰

also
ewewewewewew I cringed writing 'ass cheek' 😬

Btw who misses cute Shawmila moments 😢

the Male boop gets me every time

-Taylor💋