BFB

A/N : a little bit of an AU imagine.

Narrator

Camila had a huge crush on her best friends brother.

Shawn Mendes. He really was every girls dream guy. One problem, he was Aaliyah's - Camila's best friend - older brother.

She knew it was kind of wrong. She knew he was kind of out of her league. And she also knew that her best friend would never be okay with it if she ever found out.

So Camila kept it a secret. ..Until she cracked and told Ariana. Just Ariana though. Aaliyah and the other girls didn't need to know.

Now Camila wasn't the best at hiding her emotions. So one way or another, Aaliyah found out the big secret.

She wasn't mad at the fact that her best friend liked her older brother. She was just mad that Camila didn't trust her enough to tell her. Was she that scared of her?

The two friends argued over this silly little thing and made up in a snap. But Camila knew she'd have to keep her feelings at bay and learn to keep her heart from beating so fast when Shawn was around.

•••

"So who's house are we meeting at tomorrow?" Ariana questioned as the 3 girls sat in the parking lot of a McDonald's drive-thru.

"I can't at mine, my moms re-decorating the house. And you all know how she gets when something involves cleaning the house too." Camila grinned as the other two chuckled at the memory of Camila's mother making the girls work around the house.

"Maybe yours?" Ariana asked Aaliyah. Camila's eyes met Aaliyah's uncomfortable ones and she bit her lip.

She turned to Ariana, "How about yours? We haven't been there in so long, I wanna see Toulouse."

"I can't that night, my brothers having his friends over and my mom can't deal with teenage boys and teenage girls at the same time." Ariana rolled her eyes and grinned.

"We can do mine." Aaliyah shrugged and Camila tensed.

"We could watch a movie and then go bowling after that." Camila suggested. She'd do anything to not face Shawn in front of Aaliyah.

"Sure." Aaliyah smiles gratefully.

"I'm so excited! We can even cook!" Ariana shouted gleefully.

"Geez your obsession with cooking amazes me." Aaliyah's eyes widened.

•••

Ringing Ariana's doorbell, Camila eyed her outfit one last time before going in. She'd really tried to not let her feelings take over and dress up too nice. She couldn't show that she was trying to dress up for Shawn.

She examined her ripped denim jeans and dark blue long sleeve one last time before being let inside the Mendes household.

She said her hello's to Karen and Manny and went straight up to Aaliyah's room, not bothering to look around for anyone at all.

She hoped Ariana was already here so that they could leave for bowling as soon as possible. As soon as Camila stepped into Aaliyah's room she was relieved and stressed at the same time.

Shawn thankfully wasn't in here, but Ariana wasn't here either. Aaliyah seemed to be in the bathroom, she could tell from the sound of the blow dryer.

"Hey liyah-" someone peeked their head around the door and Camila's knees almost buckled looking at him.

"Um- she's in the bathroom." Camila stuttered.

"Okay." He nodded and left, glancing at the Cuban before walking off.

"I'm hereee!" Ariana squealed running into the room.

"Oh good you two are here." Aaliyah spoke, coming out of the bathroom.

"Oh - uh your b-brother was looking for you." Camila spoke, turning red. Aaliyah nodded and left the room, looking for her brother.

Camila turned to Ariana, "Thanks for coming!" She spoke, flicking her on the forehead.

"Ow!" She scowled, "What happened though?" She asked, rubbing her forehead.

"Nothing, he just came in looking for Aaliyah and I told him she was in the bathroom and then he left." Camila shrugged, sitting down on the bed.

Aaliyah slipped into the room, "Should we go now?" She asked.

"Yesss!" Camila hissed, a little bit too happily.

•••

this is kind of crap but I'm updating part 2 soon so that'll hopefully be better 😂

Q: have YOU ever had a crush on ur bestfriends sibling?

-Taylor💋