Breakdown (Pt.2)

Narrator

It had been a few weeks since the dreadful performance, and the Cuban was on bedrest. The load of stress and guilt had really weighed her down causing her to faint.

When she was told that she had to be on strict bedrest for the next few weeks, Camila didn't protest. She accepted it. She remained in her bed all day, crying, it's the only thing she could do. Her family had come to visit her, and would keep her company in bed. Sometimes her friends, Taylor swift, and Ariana Grande would show up to lift her up a bit.

Those were probably the only moments that the Cuban cracked a small smile - but it seemed forced. In front of her family she was emotionless, not wanting to worry them. But once all the lights went down, and everyone was sleep and the Cuban was alone in her bedroom.. she cried into her pillow for hours until sleep finally caught up to her.

The last few weeks, the Canadian had tried to visit his love, but was always turned away at the gate of the house by the Cubans mother herself.

It isn't the right time

She'd said

She's not mentally stable. Not the right time, Shawn.

She'd said again.

So he hadn't visited. But he was still in Camila's hometown. Waiting for the right time.
And I guess all good things do come to those who wait. For one day, Shawn was called by Camila's mother. She asked him to come by, help her daughter heal, he was the only person who could help her.

The Canadian would do anything for his one love so never waisting a moment, he ran out of his hotel, hailed a cab and reached the Cubans house in a matter of 10 minutes.

When he reached, the Cubans mother was already waiting at the door. He ran upstairs to her room and opened it. His heart broke at what he saw.

There was the girl he loved, sitting on her bed motionless, while her friends continued to talk to her trying to cheer her up. Once the two friends eyes fell onto the new presence in the room, they left quietly.

Camila, noticing the quietness, turned her head slowly, spotting the familiar tall Canadian. She turned back around, facing away from him. And when a lone tear fell on her rosy cheeks, his heart clenched.

Slowly, he made his way to her bed, sitting on the edge. He grasped her cold hands in his. She didn't move.. not even a flinch.

"Mila.." the familiar name croaked out of the Canadians mouth. The Cuban breathed heavily, closing her eyes as a few more tears fell.

"Please look at me." He whispered, his eyes heavy with his own tears. Slowly the Cuban moved her head to face him.

He cracked a small sad smile at her, holding his arms out for a hug.

"I missed you.." He whispered and camila's eyes watered even more before she flung herself into his arms, sobbing quietly into his chest.

Shawn held her closer to him. digging his face into her sweet smelling neck, he let out a few tears of his own.

"I love you. I love you. I love you.." the Cuban kept on muttering.

"I know. I love you too ... but." He sighed, pulling away from the hug. The Cuban looked up at him, her big eyes looking up at him questioningly.

"We can't be together Camz. It's not the right time for us, honey. Not right now." Shawn muttered sadly.

Camila nodded her head in despair.

"But listen. This does not mean we leave each other forever... okay?" Shawn spoke firmly , gripping the Cubans face softly in his large hands.

"We can go back to the way we were. Best friends. And then maybe in the future... when it's the right time for us.. we'll be together again.." The Canadian explained sadly.

"Okay.." Camila replied, her voice hoarse because of crying for days.

"Listen honey.. I love you so much and it hurts my heart that I can't spend a lot of my time with you. And I want to see you with a smile on your face all the time." Shawn spoke, looking into the Cubans eyes.

"I understand Shawn... we're hitting pause on us .. for now." Camila said. And she smiled for the first time in days.

"I love you so so much." Shawn sighed loudly before placing a kiss on the Cubans forehead.

"I love you too.. so much." She replied, holding him close to her.

•••

Together the two best friends made their way downstairs where Camila's family and friends waited for any new news about Camila.

And when they saw Camila out of bed and smiling, holding onto the Canadians hand, smiles broke out amongst everyone.

"Hi.." the Cuban spoke meekly.

"My baby..!" Camilas mother spoke gleefully, squeezing camila's cheeks and placing multiple kisses across her face.

"Okay okay mama.." Camila giggled.

"CAMZIIIII!!!" The Cuban heard her two best friends shout before tackling her in a hug.

"Oh good lord." Camila rolled her eyes.

Together they all sat at the dining table. And for the first time in weeks, Camila had dinner with her family, laughing and smiling along with them.

Because now she knew. She had her bestfriends by her side, she hadn't lost anyone. And she knew that in a few years.. when the time is just right.. maybe her and shawns relationship could be rekindled.

When the time is right...

•••

HERES YOUR PART 2 HDHDJJD GOODNESS GRACIOUS 🤣

-Taylor💋