eight

༶•┈ 𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐏𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐀𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 ┈•༶
┊͙ˏˋ 𝐜𝐡. ❽ ࿐ྂ

The sun was starting to set so we agreed to go on one last ride together before ending off the day. Jungkook let me pick the ride so I chose the best for last, the Ferris Wheel.

"It feels nice," I say as I rest my head on the side of the seat, gazing out into the distance.

"Yeah," Jungkook replies.

The sun is like a great big romantic, inspirational fire in the sky. It's as if the colors and intensity of the light is just enough to calm you down. We can't help but rest our eyes on the golden sky as the warm heat beats down onto our skin.

"Do you, uh, want to come over here?" He suddenly says, breaking the silence.

"Hm?" I turn my head to look at him, not quite grasping what I just heard.

"You're kind of far, come sit by me," he pats down the seat next to him.

It took me by surprise. I didn't expect him to be bothered by the distance between us and although I didn't mention it to him, I was somewhat bothered myself.

I nod my head then got up out of my seat. The passenger-carrying components suddenly came to a halt and caused me to stumble on my feet. I plop down onto what I didn't expect to be Jungkook's lap.

I immediately rise up, but Jungkook suddenly grips onto my hips and pins me back down, which made me let out a loud gasp.

"Jungkook—"

"Just stay here," he says in a soft tone and leans in, resting his forehead against my chest.

I can feel my cheeks turning red because of the sudden skinship. Not knowing where to place my hands, I slowly plop them onto his shoulders. He doesn't flinch at my touch and simply snuggles his face deeper into my chest. It made me smile.

"Eunha," he says with a muffled voice.

"Yeah?" I look down only to see the top of his head.

"I want to take you somewhere after this," he looks up with glistening eyes.

I flinch and jolt my head back out of surprise. When he sits up straight, his face is only inches apart from mine. I can practically kiss him from this distance.

"O-okay," I say and divert my eyes away.

He tilts his head to the side and bites down on his bottom lip as he suddenly stares intently at me. I jokingly squint my eyes and lean back, distancing myself from him.

"Tsk," he rolls his eyes and pouts.

I giggle with amusement and he follows up with a wide smile that brought light to his face.

"Eunha," he says, his sudden change of tone catches me off guard.

"Hm?" I mutter as I play with his hair, twirling them around my fingertips.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

I freeze.

And then, our eyes meet.

The universe seemed to have stopped. Everything inside it stood still. Everything... except for my heart, which is suddenly beating like a madman.

Jungkook presses his lips against mine.

That's when my heart stops too.

My eyes fall shut and all I can feel is him. His warmth, his touch, his being. It feels as if I'm floating in space and everything around me has turned to dust.

His lips are delicate and warm. Soft and slow, they taste sweet, like cotton candy and strawberry-flavored milk. He showers me with gentle, soft kisses, each with its own flicker of warmth as he cups my face with one hand. Our lips seem to move together like two dancers sashaying through a melody.

My body becomes rigid with surprise as trembles shake my body and the euphoric warmth blossoms within me once more. My tense nerves begin to relax, my troubles, my pain begins to melt away and the surroundings begin to disappear leaving only me, me and Jungkook.

This.

This feels true. This feels good. This feels right. I honestly never knew a kiss so innocent could be so intimate and electrifying.

Eventually, our lips part ways and I can see his eyes sparkle and lips curve up into a smile. I can't help but smile back.

I press my head against his sculpted chest, relishing the firm muscle. Nestling closer, I listen for his heartbeat. His scent is intoxicating and his touch is sensational, I'm slowly becoming addicted.

I stare up at him and he stares back at me.

"Yes, Jungkook."