three

༶•┈ 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑 ┈•༶
┊͙ˏˋ 𝐜𝐡. ❸ ࿐ྂ

"Mmmfffp! Mmm-ahh. Ahn.. Mmm. Aah..."

The strange noises wake me up by surprise in the middle of the night. My eyes shoot open as I sit up straight, looking all around me searching for the source of the sound.

My eyes land on the young boy, heavily panting and shaking in his bed. I let out a gasp before pushing the blanket off my body and rapidly running over to examine the situation.

He groans loudly as beads of sweat drip down his forehead and neck. His lips part ways as his chest heaps up and down. I lay my hand atop his forehead to check his temperature. No fever. A nightmare...He's having a nightmare.

"Wake up," I repeatedly say as I shake him by the shoulders.

He's sweating so much, I can't just leave him like this. I release my hands from his shoulders and before I could walk away to get a cloth, a hand tightly grips on my wrist, stopping me in my tracks.

"Don't leave me."

His eyes are still tightly shut. He must be dreaming right now. I slowly push his hand off my wrist and it falls down to his side. Then, I grab a clean cloth and wipe away the sweat from his body.

His body starts to calm down. He's no longer panting and is breathing at a normal level again. A light-tipped smile lifts on my face. I rest my head on my forearm as I watch him sleep.

He's cute when he's sleeping.

Finally coming to a realization that his face is only a couple of inches apart from mine, I move my head back and clear my throat, feeling the shyness of being so close to him.

A yawn finally escapes my mouth after watching over the sleeping boy for a little while. My eyelids began to droop and unexpectedly, I fell asleep on the side of the new patient's bed.

Poke.

My eyelids begin to batter at the sensation of a light touch on my skin.

Slightly cracking an eye open, my boggled-up vision slowly becomes clearer and the sight of the young boy staring directly at me wakes me up immediately. My eyes bulge open and I jolt back in my chair in surprise.

"You could've slept some more," he smiles as he props up in his bed, with the support of his elbows.

"Uh-uh," I stutter, not knowing what to say.

He leans back against his pillow and raises an eyebrow in confusion.

"You were having a bad reaction to your nightmare last night, so I just watched over you since it was pretty late and the nurses weren't around," I pause.

"Then I accidentally fell asleep here," I let out an awkward laugh.

"Ooh.. yeaahh," he rubs the back of his neck, feeling embarrassed. "Well thank you for doing that," he lightly chuckles.

"It's nothing," I shake my head.

"My name's Jungkook by the way."

He tilts his head and smiles, a captivating smile that is. The corners of his eyes wrinkle up and his cheeks puff out like a bunny's. Although his eyes are slightly covered, I can still perceive his glistening irises.

I could feel my walls melting. I don't know why, but I feel happy ...I feel alive for once. There seems to be so much more to life than I have left to experience. The feeling of joy that I had come to forget since my illness got worse, has came back to me.

"Eunha," my lips curve upwards and I put out my hand for him to shake.

Jungkook extends his hand and connects it to mine. For once, I don't divert my eyes away from his. His hand and the warmness it brings, make me feel secure for some reason, like home.

Don't get attached Eunha, you have only one month left.

One month left to live.