four

༶•┈ 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐄 ┈•༶
┊͙ˏˋ 𝐜𝐡. ❹ ࿐ྂ

[jungkook]

I can smell the antiseptics, alcohol, and sickness as I travel down the elevator to my wing. The elevator dings as I arrive on the second floor.

Darkness sticks to my face as I walk down the empty hall. The wind trickles down my leg, like whispering rain. I cannot go back nor can I move forward quickly enough. I stumble on this pathway down the abyss of darkness.

I stop in place as the icy breeze suddenly stops rushing through my body. The door to one of the rooms creaks open, grasping my full attention. I fling it open and my eyes immediately land on a girl laying in her bed.

My body involuntary begins to tremble and my eyes start to well up with tears. I can feel my body becoming numb. My feet drags on the ground as I make my way towards her.

"Jungkook, you're here now?" Her voice, soft and mellow.

I lower my head in a quiet sob. Tears rush down my cheeks like a waterfall and I begin to choke up as the words fail to reach the tip of my tongue.

"I'm here now baby," I force a smile with tears in my eyes.

I reach for her hand, laying mine atop of hers. Her hands are icy cold. The smoothness is still there, but the warmth is no longer. I clench and unclench her hands, trying my best to warm them up.

"Don't cry," she whispers and gently cups my cheeks with her hands to wipe away the tears.

I bury my cheeks deeper into the palm of her hands and close my eyes, reminiscing about the better days. The memories and images are vivid and hazy, but I can clearly hear the laughters and conversation going on.

"It's okay, you're okay, you'll make it through this. We'll leave this place and never have to come back here again."

I've become delusional. Regardless of all of the medical examinations, I refuse to trust the doctors' diagnoses. I know that she will get better, she just needs more time. More time. More time is all she needs. She will get better, she has to get better.

She furrows her eyebrows and shakes her head. Her lips gape open as her breathing begins to hitch, it's slowing down. Her hands aren't getting warmer either. No matter how much I try.

"Don't leave me," I whisper with tears streaming down my face.

My body begins to stiffen as I see her eyes slowly drooping down. The very last breath leaves her body and her hands unclasps mine.

Darkness begins to close in on the room and everything in sight disappears. There is nothing left.

There is no retribution.

My eyes snap open.

I lift my chest up as I sweat profusely under the thick layer of blanket. Panicked, I look around the room for something that I recognize. Then, the realization that I just had a nightmare comes crashing into my mind. I plop back on my pillow, feeling a sense of relief.

Slowly, my eyes divert towards the presence of a peacefully sleeping girl on the side of my bed. I raise my eyebrows in confusion and prop myself up, leaning back against the headboard.

What an unexpected sight I got to wake up to.

I take my time to analyze her features. To my surprise, she is extremely cadaverous. She has long, silky hair and smooth, pale skin. Skin paler than a normal person's.

The early morning sunlight, diffuse and soft, beams on her bare skin, revealing the hidden glow that was unnoticeable until now. I proceed to gently tuck a strand of hair behind her ear as it had fallen down, covering the entirety of her face.

I pick up my blanket and wrap it around the fragile body of the girl. Strangely interested in the unfamiliar being, my eyes stay rested upon her.