five

༶•┈ 𝐀 𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐒𝐄𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐔𝐒 ┈•༶
┊͙ˏˋ 𝐜𝐡. ❺ ࿐ྂ

Three weeks have gone by since I met Jeon Jungkook. As I got to know him, I realized that he's quite a bubbly and earnest person. I found myself opening up to him about my feelings and past, and he showed his gratitude by doing the same. He was able to make me feel pleasant and comfortable around him in just a matter of time.

He made me happy.

I spend my days, which used to be extremely boring, quite blissfully now thanks to Jungkook. We spend most of our time together, switching between playing board games, watching television, or taking strolls around the hospital garden. He always manages to make activities more fun than they usually are. A simple game of monopoly would turn out more chaotic than you'd expect it to when you're playing with Kook.

I don't know what it is with this boy, but he manages to make my heart so full. He gives me butterflies in my stomach. He makes me happy, happier than he could imagine. It is a feeling that I could never truly explain.

Though what we have may just be another friendship in his eyes, I'm grateful for the bond that we share. I'm grateful for his existence.

"I'm glad that I got to meet you before my time goes up," I mumble under my breathe while brushing my fingers through his hair.

"Hm?" He mutters with a lollipop in his mouth, immensely concentrated on the video game he's playing on his phone.

"..Nothing."

I glance down at the innocent boy laying on my lap and watch him as he vigorously shouts command words to the characters in his game. Every now and then, he'd hysterically laugh and reveal the angelic, bunny smile that I've become mesmerized with. He's like a little kid in his own bubble during times like this, it's adorable.

"Look! The sun is setting now," Jungkook points out into the distance and props himself up next to me.

Everything's going downhill by the horizon. The sun leisurely drips gold aloft the wilderness of the glittering salty sea, as it gently blends the flame with nothingness. Six birds passing, flying wingspread, silhouetted across the peeking sun. We can't help but rest and stare. The radiance is breathtaking. The sunset looks so beautiful today, as if God painted it only for us to see.

I rest my head on Jungkook's shoulder. He glances over at me and smiles before diverting his eyes back onto the sunset. I close my eyes once I start to feel myself getting a bit light-headed.

"Let's stay like this just a little longer," I mumble in a low tone.

Jungkook nods.

I begin to feel my heart throbbing and beat faster, my body is becoming numb, and my chest is starting to hurt again. A lump forms in my throat. What day is it? I let out slow breathes of air and inner-twine my fingers together in order to prevent him from noticing my shakey hands. Thankfully he's too distracted to notice.

Since he showed up in front of me, I had forgotten to keep track of the number of days that were left on the calendar; the number of days that I have left to live.

Getting to experience my last days with him makes me feel glad. But it is a reality that I don't think I deserve. He's made me happy, too happy for my own good. Yet he doesn't know it. He doesn't know that my days are outnumbered. He doesn't know that soon enough, I will be gone.

I watch him as he gazes out into the distance, focusing his eyes on nature's finest creation. He seems mesmerized by the sight in front of him and won't stop smiling. Seeing him happy is enough for me. It is enough to put a smile on my own face.

People tend to say that love is like an endless tunnel that sweeps you up in the whirlwind and you're never quite free from it. It stays with you. And you hope the person will too. That person's happiness will mean more than your own when you fall in love.

Jeon Jungkook, I think I'm falling in love with you.