one

༶•┈ 𝐀 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐃𝐀𝐘 ┈•༶
┊͙ˏˋ 𝐜𝐡. ❶ ࿐ྂ

The sky is baby blue today...something different, since it had been gloomy, dark, and rainy all month long.

The birds are soaring high with so much zeal and zest that could bring courage to even a derelict for the search of betterment in his life. The summit of sky is piercing it's lucid sunlight on the the patients walking around the hospital campus, making their faces plaster with an eeire glow, squinting eyes, and glittered demeanor.

It's sunny today.

Maybe it is a good sign for something.

My eyes divert towards the sudden opening of the slide door. My nurse, Ms. Hayeong walks into the room with a tray of needles and medicine in her hands.

"Eunha, darling, it's time to take your medication," the nurse hums.

"Okay," I let out a sigh, "Make it quick."

She dabs an alcohol pad onto my simian crease, cleaning the area for any possible bacterias, then flicks the syringe with her fingertip to rid the medication of air bubbles. The long needle pierces through my skin and I wince at the painful sensation.

"All done," she smiles and applies a cotton pad wrapped with tape on the injected area.

"Mrs. Son had recovered from her arm injury and was discharged this morning. A new patient will be coming in today," Ms. Hayeong states as she organizes and cleans the bed next to mine.

"Oh, I see. Well I'm glad she's recovered."

"I heard the new patient arrived early this morning and was brought into the OR immediately since he was apart of a big car accident. He's getting surgery right now."

Car accident.

My eyebrows furrowed. "Is he injured badly?"

She shrugs her shoulders. "I'm not sure, but it's been six hours since he went into the operating room. Need anything?" She stops in her tracks before exiting the room.

I shake my head.

Resting my chin on the palm of my hand, I stare intently at the white wall in front of me, deeply in thought. I try to come up with some ideas that I think would help me relieve boredom, but nothing comes to mind. Nothing piques my interest.

I plop myself back down onto the pillow and let out a deep, heavy sigh. Then a flashbulb lights up in my mind.

I open the drawer of the bedside cabinet and pull out a book that I haven't touched in weeks, 'The Notebook.' My all-time favorite book by Nicholas Sparks.

A man with a blurred, all around worn notebook open in his lap. A lady encountering a wake-up routine she doesn't comprehend. Until he starts to peruse to her a painfully, delicate anecdote about the suffering intensity of adoration. Is there a love story more beautiful than theirs?

I open up the book, flipping the pages to Chapter One. I read for 10 minutes, 20, then 30. Immensely intrigue by the content, my eyes never leave the pages.

Before I realized it, I had fallen into a deep slumber.