Blank Space

Blank Screen

The private waiting room was full, so many friends and family members waiting for her to stir or wake up or make some improvement. 4 boys paced back and forth waiting for their last member to rejoin them as they waited nervously. But the boy didn't come out, he sat at her bedside waiting for her to wake up. The blonde boy who loved her so much and her two kids, one of which would never know her. That fate was decided as the beeping of her heart stopped and the doctors rushed in screaming as the boy and the kids were pushed out of the room. But she was already gone there was nothing they could do to save her.
The screens all reset and turned blank.

"That is what could happen," I say, "If you don't choose to stay Charlotte". She nods carefully the tears streaming down her face as the images of a dark future for her kids flashed before her eyes. If she died Mika would never forget finding her and would end up being isolated and follow in her footsteps whereas Karma would turn to drugs and alcohol to try and find a mother she could never remember. The boys would never forget her, Niall particularly. He would become a recluse, not talk to anyone because the loss of Charlotte would be killing him, a pain which he believed to deserve.
"I have picked" she said and I nodded knowing full well she chose the route I would selfishly not have taken.