What Did I Agree To?

WHAT DID I AGREE TO?
I wake up to my ring tone blaring in my ears.
'Backseat Seranade. Dizzy hurricane. Oh, god i'm sick of sleeping alone' I roll over annoyed and look at the screen, damn Jem! Why the hell are you calling me at, my eyes flicker to the time, 3AM!!!
'Jem this better be brilliant!!!!' I yell into the phone my voice hoarse
'Why must it be brilliant?' He asked completely confused 'did i do something wrong?' He asks and I roll my eyes
'Other than waking me up at 3 am when I only went to see like 30 minutes ago' I say
'OMG babe i'm so sorry, its just that I got us backstage passes to the 1D concert in Ireland!!!!' He says followed by a squeal, I laugh
'Thats great Jem!!! I'm sure you'll have fun!' I say trying not to sound sleep deprived
'No,' he says and he pauses possibly for the drama of it all, no defiantly for the drama of it all 'we, are going to have fun!!!' He says with yet another squeal. This took me by surprise. But in the heat of the moment I did the most ridiculous thing.
'I can't wait!!! We're going to have so much fun!!!' I squeal to my gay best friend down the line.
Getting back to sleep after that was hopeless. Jem was just so energised that even just with a simple conversation you could feel all energy filled. I smiled as I thought of the crazy boy. Well, if I'm up anyway I think as I grab my guitar and songbook and work to finish my song.

4 WEEKS LATER

'OMG babe I can't believe we're actually going to meet them!!!' Jem yells in my ear as we sit on the train to the arena. I roll my eyes but smile, for Jem's sake. All I could think is I hope he doesn't remember me. I put my ear phones in and press play and let the music take all my thoughts away. I smile as we reach the station by the arena, as Jem starts to hyperventilate. I put my iPod back in my bag so I could hear the pep talk he was most likely giving himself. We begin to walk to the arena and as soon as it come into view Jem began his pep talk.
'Come on James! Pull it together you do not want to be falling apart in front of the most gorgeous boy-band ever. Okay, James Phoenix. You need to calm the fuck down!!!' I laugh, you can tell that Jem was getting worked up when he told himself to calm the fuck down. I smile at him and he glares at me
'DISTRACT ME!!!' He yells like a madman and I quickly rack my brain for anything to
talk to him about
'I can't believe we moved in together!!' I say and then I think about it 'actually i can believe it' I always fail at this 'Tell me about how we met...' I say and he smiles. Damn that was a stroke of genius
'It was in the library I used to work at. One day I was putting some books back on a shelf when I heard someone crying in the shelf over. I went over and was about to tell them to leave or be quiet...I was in a right fowl mood that day, but then I saw this girl with big brown eyes and beautiful brown hair sitting up against the wall crying over a book. She looked up and was slightly embarrassed. I sat down beside her, gave her a hug and looked at what she was reading and smiled and I told her that it was all almost okay in the end. And then you began crying again. And then you said 'Jem's just too fricken noble for his own good, but he can't fucking give up now with Tessa gone, kidnapped by that bitch Mortmain. If I could kill him I would!' I sat with you as you continued to read and when it got to the bit where Jem pretty much told Tessa to be with Will. I asked you if you had a Jem or a Will.... It really depended on your point of view. You shook your head and began to cry again. Then I asked if I could be your Jem. You looked so weirded out and I told you about how I was gay and I just wanted a friend. And I became your Jem!!!' He says happily.
'Did my distraction work?' I ask as we walked around to where we would be going
'Yea!' He said smiling sadly 'you know you never really answered my question all those years ago, you never told me about you Will or your Jem' he said and I looked down
'I'll explain on the way home' I say, he hold out his pinky
'Pinky swear?' He says and I smile and lock pinkies with him, if you don't already know by the time we leave here
'I love you Char'
'I love you too Jem'
We walked into the arena and walked to our seats. Front row. I smile at Jem as we sit down in anticipation. Him to see One Direction live and me to see if he remembered me. At 7.30pm the screaming reached its peak and I saw the musicians come on stage. Jem screams like all the other girls and I roll my eyes. Don't get me wrong One Direction's not horrible but I like other things better. Why are you here then? Because Jem agreed to go to Warped Tour with me so I was repaying the favour, by sitting through a 3 hour long concert surrounded by screaming girls. I think I prefer the drunk idiots, I say to myself. And just as I was going to laugh at myself, I was rudely interrupted by even louder screams., if ghat was even possible. I saw 5 boys appear onstage and my heart stopped. There he was. A few meters in front of me. On stage, in front of millions of people, just like i knew he'd always be. But only in our fantasies it was me beside him not 4 English boys. I smile over at Jem and he returns it and the boys start singing. I felt an ache in my heart as he sang. I pushed it down. Partially shocked that it hurt that much. My walls never let anyone in, but then again Niall James Horan has already been in my system.