~~Fourteen^.^

Yoongi~
"What just happened?" I asked, looking between Hobi and Jimin.

Jimin turned to leave the room, "I'll go talk to her."

"Sit down," I told him. In that moment, I understood Jimin had probably been left on his own too long and whatever this is was his doing.

Jimin immediately sat.

Hobi spoke up, "Do you want me to go talk to her?"

I shook my head. "What I want is an explanation. Who is she? And how did I already offend her?"

Hobi looked to Jimin to explain, which confirmed my suspicions that the girl was with him.

"She's mine," said Jimin, not looking at me. "I guess I...I... I adopted her? Right, Hobi?Bought her wouldn't be the right word, would it?" He looked to Hoseok for the answer.

My eyes just about popped. "You bought a girl?" I asked, straining to keep my voice soft.

Hobi spoke up, "She's a cat hybrid."

"Oh good lord, I'm getting nowhere with you idiots." I stood up and strode toward Jimin's room.

"Hyung, please don't...she's already scared," Jimin pleaded.

I knocked softly on the door. She didn't open it. I knocked louder... still nothing. I cracked the door open and looked around the room. She wasn't there.

"Jimin," I yelled. "She's not in here."

"Check the roof. It seems to be her favorite hiding place," he yelled back.

I moved down the hall and up the stairs, seeing that the stick was, indeed, holding the door open. Once outside on the roof, I looked around and saw her sitting with her back to me, on top of the half wall surrounding the roof. Her legs dangled over the edge as she looked out over the city.

I didn't want to startle her, knowing a fall from this height would end her. At the same time though, I wanted her to come down from the wall. I cleared my throat.

"You don't have to do that, you know? I heard you coming before you even left the living room," she told me.

"Can you please come down from there? You're making me very nervous."

She pulled her legs up over the edge and stood... on top of the wall.

"You don't have to be worried about me falling," she assured me as she pulled one leg up over her head, balancing in some kind of yoga pose. "I'm a cat. I won't fall."

She hopped down from the wall, landing lightly on her feet.

This girl...

I shook my head at her insolence. "What's your name?"

"Poppy."

"So... what? Do you live here now?"

She didn't answer me. She just tipped her chin up defiantly as she looked at me.

I exhaled as I nodded. "I'm sorry I scared you."

"I'm not scared of you," she said brazenly. "I heard them say you were going to be angry I was living here, so I had planned to stay away from you as much as possible. You just caught me off guard when you came home."

Her voice was level and her eyes never left mine. I believed her that she wasn't afraid of me.

She had a soft soothing voice and she didn't seem giggly or annoying, which in my book was a plus. I was all right with giving her a chance.