Chapter 8

MATTHIAS

It had been 15 minutes since Rhea had gone inside the bathroom to change. Matthias was feeling antsy. He knew Rhea wasn't the kind of girl who would give - up. She would keep fighting.

All he had to do was win her heart again. If that happens, then Matthias wouldn't have to worry about her running away. From his own personal and past experience he knew Rhea to be a very devoted girlfriend who goes to unexplained lengths to keep her partner happy. He'd once been on the receiving side of it.

Just then the bathroom door opened and broke the chain of Matthias' thoughts. This certainly wasn't a suitable time for a trip down the memory lane.

Rhea came out in her sweat - pants and oversized t-shirt now finally looking totally comfortable.

"Tell me something Matthias and answer me honestly. Who changed my clothes? The last I remember I was in pyjamas there's no possible way I wore that on my own", Rhea spoke as soon as she stepped out.

"Well the answer to that is easy; I changed your clothes. You know, right, how much I always wanted to see you in a bridal gown. Well obviously I always to be the groom in that case but well I did what I had to", answered Matthias.

"Okay, so did you... You know?", Rhea did not complete the sentence but Matthias understood what she meant.

"Honey, no! I wouldn't do anything like that without your permission."

"Of course you wouldn't. Obviously you took permission from me before changing my clothes, didn't you?"

Matthias knew that the question was rhetorical and only meant as a taunt towards him. Answering it would only make Rhea furious.

Instead he said something that would've shocked a lot of people who knew Matthias. But Rhea, she was not a part of the lot. She was Special, she was the one and only.

"I'm sorry sugar. I did not mean to disrespect you and I won't repeat this I promise."

Rhea did not reply to it and settled herself on the bed. She was looking around the room as if searching for something.

"Why is there no clocks or watches in the room?" Rhea asked once her observation was over.

"There is honey. You see that drawer on the table beside your bed", Matthias said pointing to the drawer,"There's an alarm clock in it. You can use that."

Rhea removed the alarm clock out and placed it on the table beside her bed. It was 10:30 am now.

"Great! Let's go down and prepare for lunch together?" Matthias winked.

"Umm... Why don't I stay here and have some rest? You can call me for help if you need anything."

As innocent as it sounds, Matthias knew something was going on on Rhea's mind. He could not be lenient on such matters because he knew Rhea was smart. She would find a way to get out, though she wouldn't be able to get out of the forest it would still be a risk that he couldn't take.

"I'm sorry. Even if you don't want to cook you'll have to at least come down with me. I'll do the cooking and you can watch TV or grab a book and read", Matthias knew he had to take her down to the living room with him, even if he had to force her to do so - he would.

Much to Matthias' amazement, Rhea got up from the bed and moved to the bookshelf. After a long moment of silence, Rhea picked out a book and walk towards the door.

"Okay then let's go," Rhea said and gestured towards the door.

Matthias was stunned to see her oblige just like that. He knew something was going on in Rhea's head but how could he argue with her when she had just agreed to his words.

But he knew he had to be very careful now. Rhea's innocent looks were very contradicting to Rhea's cunning mind. And of all people Matthias knew it all too well.

This woman knew how to turn the tables and Matthias had been a witness to it. This meant that he could not afford to be distracted or careless or he would have to lose Rhea. Again.