Chapter 7

RHEA

'He had the audacity to do this. A studio! Did he really think I would be happy to see that he made a studio for me?

Clearly he doesn't know everything that had happened in the last five years, regardless of whatever he claims', Rhea thought.

She stormed out of the studio, through the living room, up the stairs and in her bedroom. It wasn't until she was on the bed that she took notice of the tears that had were now slowly making their way out of her eyes to her cheeks.

Not able to be still, she got up and went to the window, watching out to the never ending trees that lay ahead of her. Her hands on the window railings, balled into such tight fists that the nails were digging into her flesh.

She heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Matthias carefully stepped inside the room and stood there for a minute waiting for Rhea to turn around.

When even after that she did not, he went towards the bed and stood at its foot.

"What was that?" Matthias asked.

Rhea kept her back to him and replied, " I'm sorry I slapped you. I was way out of my line there."

"Way out of your line ? Mushi I had it built especially for you. I know how much you love dance. The cabinet on the back wall, left side; I filled it with costumes, sweats for practice, shoes, heels, even ghungroo for you. And I get a slap in return?" Matthias was standing just behind Rhea by now.

Rhea turned around to find Matthias standing so close to her, but she did notice the closeness because of the fury that consumed her.

"Oh well I apologise, Your Highness! After kidnapping me and keeping me in this damnhole, located in the middle of I - don't - know - where without my permission, if you expected to be ecstatic to see that you'd custom made a dance studio for me, I'm very sorry to have disappointed you!"

By this point Rhea was shaking with anger.

"I only made that studio because I know that you love dancing. And I know this anger here is not because I kidnapped you. Of course you have all the right to be angry on that part but this is not because of that. It's because of the studio. Why ?"

"Of course you think that I love dancing. Because don't you know everything about me, right? Let me tell you something - I hate dancing and everything related to it, so lock that damn door and throw that Natraja statue."

The shock on Matthias face was evident.

"Okay I'll do as you ask me to but at least tell me, why so much hatred? Dance used to be your soul. What caused such a shift?"

Rhea took a deep breath and calmed herself to certain extent.

"Let's just not talk about it right now. Just give me some clothes that I can change in. I am not interested to be a Disney Princess that would roam around the mansions in a gown."

"You can pick anything you like. I've filled the cupboard with clothes."

Rhea walked to the cupboard and opened it. True to his word the cupboard was filled with everything a woman requires.

There was only one problem, these clothes, they were all typical girly. Not something Rhea liked at all. Well it was safe to say Matthias did not afterall choose everything according to her choice.

"These are all such girly! You really don't expect me to wear that" Rhea scoffed.

"Of course not. Open that drawer on the bottom, those are according to your choice. These clothes; they're just put in here for ' if you feel like wearing them someday '. Don't worry."

She opened the drawer and found exactly what she was looking for. Rhea picked out a black oversized t-shirt and pale blue trousers. She was very fond of manly clothes.

Why wouldn't she be? She grew up a 'tom - boy '.

She took the clothes and went inside the bathroom. It was quite big to be a bathroom. She undressed herself and put the gown in the hanger that was in the peg.

For a few moments she stood there admiring her wedding dress.

It was porcelain white with a heart neckline. Custom made to fit her curves. Outlined with beads and a mermaid bottom.

Samuel had chosen this dress for her. It felt like ages ago now. How happy he would've been to see her in that dress walking down that aisle. It hurt to think of him. But what hurt more was the constant feeling she had that Samuel might hate her. He probably might not even be looking for her. All thanks to her great reputation of being a run away.