Chapter 1: Hunted

3 YEARS LATER

"AGAIN!!!!"

Kiyi was giving it all she has with her fire bending. Azula is that one teacher where if you fail, you have to try again until you get it right.

"Azula, we have been training for hours, can I please go to the bathroom."

"Not until you get this fire bending form right."

Kiyi tries and tries again, but fails to complete her task.

"Please!!!!!!!!!! I have to go."

"Hmph, very well. But be back here soon and don't go too far."

AZULA POV

Kiyi and I have been traveling all across the globe trying to escape the blood walkers. Yes, after much discussion we have decided to call those men wearing all black the blood walkers. Apparently they can blood bend without a full moon and can trace your scent after they have taken control of you. They took control of me, thankfully not Kiyi. Ahhhhhhh, what am I doing here anyway? I should be back at the Fire Nation, leading my country. But I made a promise that I would get my mother back, our mother. I know what your thinking, why don't you get Team Avatar to help you fend off the blood walkers. Well here is the thing, I tried to but Zuko said that he is helping the avatar in Cranefish town. Everything is so fucked right now. I sit down on one of the big round stones in the ground and think about some things. 

"Okay, I'm back Azula. Are we going to continue training."

"No, training is down for today."

END OF POV

Kiyi notices her sister's sad expression on her face and goes over to comfort her.

"Is there anything wrong," Kiyi says

"No, everything is fine," Azula answered.

"I know your lying, come on your my sister after all."

"How did you know, I'm usually good at lying.

Both of them started to laugh together. A moment of happiness between the sisters. Something Azula hasn't felt in a while. After the laughing stopped, Azula sat there is sadness again.

"Kiyi, can I ask you something."

"Sure, what is it."

"Has mother ever told you I love you."

"Yeah, every night when she tucks me in bed."

"Ahhh, I see."

"Why did you ask that question," Kiyi said.

"Well, our mom was still at the palace. She thought that I was a monster. Not once have I heard her say, I love you Azula." Azula then started to form tears in her eyes.

"Azula, don't cry."

"What, crying I'm not crying," Azula said wiping her tears.