The Dark Savior

Chapter 3-My Savior

I've found her. I'm close. She's going to live. No matter what, she's going to live. I will save her. I will not lose her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

His laugh was maniacal. It echoed and rumbled and pressed against her chest. She felt numb and cold as she struggled pointlessly at the descending motion of the chain. I'm going to die! I'm going to die! Someone, anyone, "help me!" Sara screams flailing her arms, trying to pull herself as far away as possible from the vat.

"No one can help you! No one can hear you!" The Joker laughs again as he expectantly watched her decent.

"I can't wait Puddin', we're finally gonna have a daughter all of our own!" The Harlequin giggles excitingly clapping her hands together in a jittery, yet twisted, joy.

"Please," Sara pleaded, "just let me go! I won't tell anyone!"

"Let you go?" the joker rubs his chin thoughtfully. "Actually," he smiles deviously, "that's no a bad idea." Sara's stomach twisted knowing something horrible was going to happen soon. She watched as Joker placed his hand on another lever and smiled a great big red smile before pulling it.

Sara managed a single gasp as she watched the chain drop faster than she did flying out almost from the pulley that held it. She saw her life flash before her in the few seconds she thought she had left. She remembered her short lived childhood where little memories remained, she remembered in vivid detail the death of her parents bleeding our before her, her father reaching out for her as he choked on his final breath. She could recall all the beatings she had to take from her uncle who didn't love her, and the rejections at school. And in that moment she felt the grief, shame, and miserable feelings wash over her like a great wave. There was nothing she was proud of. Nothing she wanted to do more than anything than to simply accept the fate to come. Sara could feel the fire in her heart burn like coal and seer all emotions she had then. But for a moment, her body was lifted. She felt light as if all her burdens had finally disappeared.

She was saved. An angel with black wings lifted her from her death and promised with a coarse voice that she would live. she was given a second chance. Her fire dies out. Her world became enveloped in darkness as her body could take no more stress.  What happened next she did not know. But a certain caped crusader did.

*****Batman and Joker Interaction

"Look who decided to join the party! Pumpkin, be sure to welcome our guest with everything you have."

"Sure thing Puddin'!"

Harley attacks Batman along with the two henchmen, Tweedledee and Tweedledum. Batman dodoges Harley's' hammer swing and delivers a blow to her abdomen, sending her flying over the railing and onto a pile of boxes below. He then proceeded with an upper-cut to the chin of Tweedledee who stumbled backwards into Tweedledum causing them both to fall back. Joker laughed as he ran down the staircase. Batman launches his grapple unto a support beam above and swung down delivering a full kick  into Joker's ribs. Joker flew into a wall and fell face down to the cement below. His weak, choking laugh continued. Batman knew at least one of his lungs were collapsed from the fall, his pained and bloody, yet satisfied, look proved that. "You can't stop the inevitable, Batman," Joker managed to utter before passing out. He stood silently for a moment processing what he knew while sirens of multiple police cars grew louder by the second. Sara Valentine laid unconcious in a corner, but he knew she could not stay here where the police would only find her and return her home. No, she was different, a liability, a safety hazard if not now...soon.

Commissioner Gordon charged the double doors of the abandoned factory only to find four criminals tied to a column. He holsters his gun and motions for the rest of the cops behind him to come in. Detective Montoya from his section walks up beside him. "Was it him again?"

"Yeah."

"Should we call in a search team?"

"No need, we'll never find him."

"So, what's wrong."

"Anonymous tip came in saying Joker and his gang was here with  the missing girl from before."

"And?"

"We've got Joker and his gang...but where the hell is the girl?