Ch26| SADDENING

Laila's POV;

I was seated in my moms room on her bed and she was seated on a smaller chair in front of me. I was weaving her hair and we were having a light conversation talking here and there.

"When you are getting married my dear i would dance so much. I can't wait. Allah yabaki miji na gari"

"Mommy kenan Ameen. But you have to wait"

"So tell me how is work and everything else"

"Work is amazing. I've had so many clients walk in to my office this week. Wanting one thing or another. One of the clients was soo fraustrating i almost yelled at her" i shivered at the irritating thought.

Mom laughed heartily before tapping my lap ypu are doing really well my dear keep up the good work. It's good for a woman to be independent"

"Yes mom. I know"

I finished off weaving her hair while we kept on talking. We were having a mother daughter bonding moment. We haven't had those in a while.

I went to my room when we were done i needed privacy to talk to al-ameen because if i called him in from of my mom i wouldn't hear the end of the teasing.

I called him he answered after a few rings.

"Hey love how are you"

"Hey how are you with Nadiya and stuff" i answered

"Everything is fine. My mom and i had a long talk today. She apologises on Nadiya's behalf of Nadiya for what she did"

"Oh! She shouldn't have"

"Would you like to come over so yiu bith could talk"

"I'd rather not al-ameen. I just don't want to seem too clingy and desperate"

"You wwould never. My dear you wouldn't"

" I'd just rather not. Can we talk later i think my mom is looking for me" i said swiftly and cut off the call.

I do not want to be at his house right now. I think i need a break from them and all the drama Nadiya has brought and besides i don't think i can face His mom and Nadiya's mom at this point. I feel like I am the reason why Nadiya's mom is so angry at her and it's my fault they are leaving so early. They initially planned to stay for 2months but al-ameen said they'll be going in a week. If i didn't send al-ameen those voice notes none of this would have happened i feel guilty.

Ring.....Ring... i was abrutaly brought back to reality when my phone began to ring.

It was al-ameen again. I sighed and picked it up.

" babydoll you sounded off. What is wrong?" He asked sounding concerned

" it's nothing. I'm just a bit light headed that's all"

" that's not true babydoll. But please tell me what's wrong. I know you confided in me and i broke your trust but please trust me again"

"I know. I just feel as if its my fault everything is going wrong in your house. It's my fault your Aunt and cousin are leaving so soon"

"None of those are your fault. Its all on Nadiya she brought everything upon herself and besides they are leaving because my Aunt has a medical appointment on tuesday and they'll be back after that to finish off their holiday. You did not in anyway spoil their holiday. If it's any cosolation her mom was pleased that I told her what was going on" He chuckled. I laughed along with him. That just lifted ahuge load off my shoulders. I was both happy and angry with the news of Nadiya and her mom. Happy because i didn't ruin their holiday and angry because Nadiya will still be here.

" okay I'm officially back to my normal mood. Soo gist me boyfriend am bored"

" i thought i was a grumpy gus and grumpy people have boring lives so i can't gist you"

"Lol okay you are not grumpy you are fun and exciting" i rolled my eyes

"Give me a sweetname and say please if you want me to gist you and i have very hot gist"

"Hot gist is it? I didn't peg you as the girly type"

" isn't that what you girls say in zakuyi gulma?" He said in a playful tone

"That's stereotypical mister" i told him in an as a matter of fact tone.

"Say want i want and you get the gist"

"Okay please gist me Boo"

" well that was a nice atempt. We'll have to work with it but ita not good enough" i laughed so hard at that

" we'll see then Boo"

" okay so there are were these two business partners i had. And we became alot close almost friends I'd. some would say we were friends but i as for me we were just really close business associates. Because it takes a lot for me to consider you a friend"

I cut him off " enough with the self love dude we get it you are awesome. Yabon kai dai jahiilci"

" you see why i don't like telling you stories, you always interupt. No offense but shut up babydoll. Long story short it was a guy and a girl. The guy was so into the girl but he didn't have the nerves to tell her. The guy was a flop sha. He was falling my hand. I would encourage this guy to grow a pair and tell her how he feels. Kullum cikin zuga shi nike. I always create circumstance for them to be alone and force him to tell her. But my guy will just keep on embarrassing me. I was working so hard on this guy ooo like say na my relationship. If i had put the energy i put into that guy into learning how to cook i would have been a pro by now"

" and we all know how bad your cooking skills are" i interrupted him again. There was this one time he tried to cook spaghetti lets just say in the end it was a disaster saura kadan yasa gobara.

"Yeah we do" he laughed " so this my guy i began to get tired of the guy issue. So one night i organised a date for him and her. The way i was trying ehn you would think i was the one who was in love with her. So he went to the date and finally told her how he felt about her"

"Ugh! Finally" i huffed out.

"So after he gathered his courage for three months and told her how she felt. You know what the stupid girl said after all my efforts"

" what? What did she say?" I was so eager to know.

" she said. I'm sorry dude please i have a boyfriend." I burst out laughing i was laughing so hard cluthing my stomach God! That was funny. "Babydoll No it's serious ooo. That thing pain me. I almost cried" i started laughing again i was laughing so hard tears were coming out of my eyes.
He began laughing with me.

"Babydoll i have to go. I am needed downstairs. I'll call you later bye" he said between laughs .

"Okay bye"

Just as i cut the call i heard a knock on my door.

Wondering who it was i opened the door.

Loe and behold of all people in the world that could be by the door it was none other than

Nadiya..

_______✍✍✍

Cliffhanger 🥺🥺

Hey My loveliest readers. Sorry for not updating yesterday i was busy.

What is Nadiya doing again.

Anyways how do you like this chapter.

Please vote,comment, share, and follow.

Stay safe🌸

#23 in readplease