01| Meet us.

Laila

Nnamdi Azikwe Airport abuja Nigeria;

I got off my flight from UK feeling very exhausted after my 6hours flight. I have no idea who is coming to pick me up so I called my mom.

" Hello mama "

"Laila my child kun iso kenan"

"Eh mama ga ni nan a airport. Wa zai dauke ni ne?"

"Drivers duk sun fita so I told your Al-ameen to come and pick you up"

"Wani al-ameen please not the troublemaker"

"Yes him. I need to go hun sai kin iso gida"

"Toh mama"

Uggh why that idiot. Mum had to ask him to pick me up. Where is he danallah I'm exhausted and I hate waiting. Let me introduce myself I'm Laila Abdul-wahab the only daughter to Mr Abdul-wahab razaq the most Successful businessman in Nigeria and I the idiot coming to pick me up is my dad's Best friend's son. Al-ameen Ibrahim my old friend /worst enemy.

I walked around and spotted him. Our eyes locked. Oh my god he looks so much more manly than I remember granted it's been 5years since I last saw him but woah! He was wearing a light brown caftan which I must admit looked good on him it complimented his skintone. His eyes look cold and distant and not mischievous as they used to be.
I walked over to him.

"Hey " I said unsure

"Hey" he replied coldly

"So you're finally back na aza baza ki dawo ba Ai" he began rudely

"Kamar ya ya" I exclaimed " dole in dawo saboda wasu en bakin ciki suna nan. In basu kunya"

"Waye Ke bakin cikin ki ?. Ke har kina da abun bakin ciki ne?"

"Oh please I didn't come back for this. And why are you so grumpy" I counter at his words.

" it's none of your business " grumpy fool. I think he's just annoyed. We got into the car and drove off.

Our ride back home was quiet and I loved the silence I'd rather have anything than talk to him.

Maitama district Abuja Nigeria.

We arrived home safely. Thank god. As soon as I walked into the house, my mum crushed me in a bear hug.

" laila! My child! How I've missed you"

"Mama I missed you so much too" I said tearing up.

"I prepared your favourite meal. Jellof rice and peppered chicken. Al-ameen will you join us for lunch?"

"A'a mama I have something to do. So maybe next time"

"Zaka tafi kenan?"

"Eh mama sai anjima"

"Toh my son see you soon" my mum said and he left. He's so rude, I know he didn't want to have lunch because of me. That goofy idiot.

The maid took my bags to my room and I went to freshen up. Walking into my room brought back memories. It was still as I left it with pink walls and sky blue curtains a white queen sized bed and a beautiful view if the garden.

After taking my bath and praying zuhr , I went downstairs for lunch.

Dad was back from work, I rushed to the living room to wait for him. The living room was different than I remember. It's now white with black curtains and white chairs. A black and white themed wooden center table was in the middle.

"Ina gimbiya ta" I heard my dad say once he got into the house. I rushed and hugged him tightly.

"I've missed you so much dad" i whispered.

"my love i missed you too. You've always been daddy's princess"

"yes dad i am your princess"

"Alhaji sunnu da zuwa. Zaka cigaba da bata ta ko kaga dai yau ta dawo" mum said coming down the stairs.

"Haba! Salima ya bazan bata taba yarinya ta yar guda daya tak! She is my one and only daughter let me pamper her how I like" dad said to Mum I grinned wildly to that.

"Dad, mum I need to go call Aysha it's been ages since I spoke to her"

"Okay dear" they said in unison.

I rushed upstairs to call my long lost bestie Aysha. I've missed her so much and I need us to catch up on old times hopefully she wouldn't be too busy.

.
_____________ ,________________________

So this is the first chapter I hope everyone liked it if you did vote+ comment

Its my first time writing I hope I did well.