11| seeking the truth.

Today being Friday. I feel like I need a day off from work since my mom and dad are on went on a business trip to the UK. They travelled on Wednesday. My Mom is attending a fashion show there while my dad has a business deal to finish.

I on the other hand have been enjoying being home alone to the fullest. Last night I went to the movies with Aysha and her boyfriend Amar. We had a lot of fun and ate a whole lot of chocolate cake and ice-cream. I told her to take the day off today.

I got dressed in my pink atamfa gown. And went down stairs to bake cupcakes for aunty fauziya. I want to spend the day at their house today and spend the weekend at Ameerah my cousin's house. She's throwing a party for her husband's birthday so I'm helping her with the decorations and the food.

Before coming downstairs I asked the maid to bring out all the ingredients for me and the mixer so now I just start working.

I mixed the vanilla cake batter and put it in cupcake liners and switched on the oven. I waited for 10 minutes until the oven was pre heated before throwing in the cake and making the strawberry frosting.

Strawberry frosting and Vanilla cake is Al-amin's favorite cake flavor combination.

I really want to get any information about Al-amin when I left. Curiosity has been eating me alive since Aysha said she thinks whatever changed Al-amin has to do with me. I mean Nothing ever happened between us before except friendship. Although I used to have a huge crush on him when we where like eight and stopped when he started dating a girl in secondary school.

I am going to find out even if it's a little bit today from his mom I just hope he's not at home when I get there. You don't want him to be home and here you are baking his favorite cupcakes and frosting. My subconscious stated.

After the cakes where baked I decorated them and boxed them and then mission unmask Al-amin was a go.

I told the maids to cook Tuwon semovita and egusi soup for lunch because I wouldn't be back until dinner.

I left for aunty fauziya's house. When I got there the door was already wide open some guys where bringing in new furniture.

"assalamualaykum" I said once I got into the living room.

"Laila GA ni nan a kitchen" aunty shouted.

" Aunty Ina wuni" I greeted as I entered the kitchen Aunty was sitted on a chair cutting vegetables she was cooking

"Laila how are you. Zo GA wuri ki sauna"

"Fine aunty how are you too ya su uncle da al-amin?" I smiled sitting beside her and collecting the knife.

"they are all fine" I smiled and started cutting the vegetables. Aunty was cooking

The kitchen was huge with white cupboards and a maroon gas cooker by the right and the kitchen sink in the centre below the window.we were sitted on the seat near the door that leads outside.

"how's work? How is your company coming along"

" great we just need a photographer and make-up artist for the brand and two more models"

" that's nice to hear. I think you should ask al-amin about the photographer he has a friend who does that"

" okay I'll talk to him. Where is he anyway?"

" he left for work, he'll be back in the evening he has a meeting with some clients"

"ohh! " I sighed "i brought you cupcakes I hope you like them"

She opened the box of cupcakes and smiled.

" Are you sure these are for me?" she said still smiling.

"yes im sure"

"doesnt seem like it. Because these is Al-amin's favorite cupcake flavour and frosting" she winked suggestively

I blushed " okay he was on my mind when I was baking these but that's all I swear"

She laughed. I'm just joking dear but I know the two of you have feelings for each other or at least I'm sure one of you does"

I frowned not understanding what she meant.

After we finished cooking, we set the table for two and packed the rest of the food and six cupcakes in a good basket and sent it to the office for al-amin and his dad. The driver took it to them while we enjoyed our lunch the cous cous we cooked and the cupcakes and some lemonade.

After eating we sat in the living room watching.

I have to just ask aunty what I need to know. I mean what's the worst that could happen. It's now or never Laila now or never.

" Aunty I want to ask you something I've been curious to know and I know you've been avoiding this question ever since i came back but I need answers so I can know what to do. If i can help I will if can't I might as well try. What happened to Al-amin when I left"

"Laila I'm sorry but I can't tell you. This isn't my story to tell"

"Aunty please I need to know. Just to cure my curiosity"

" Laila my child I don't know much all I know is that the day you were leaving Al-amin woke up Happy he was ecstatic. He woke up super early got dressed in his finest of clothes. He sped out with a note in his hands. Just as he left you came in to bid us goodbye and I could remember you looking everywhere for him. I didn't know where he went none of us did. Two hours after you left he came back drenched with water it was a rainy day if you remember he was drenched and his face was devoid of any emotion he was holding that very note it was wet too.his eyes looked like he cried for long. I tried to ask what was wrong he didn't answer he just went upstairs and from that day he changed. None of us knew who he went to meet or what happened. I lost my son that day" throughout her story she was looking ahead of me like she was in a trance. She came out of her reverie and looked at me with tear stained eyes

"thats all I know my dear" she smiled and went back to watching the movie.

My face was contoured with confusion. I remember that day I was so mad at Al-amin because he didn't left the house before I was there and never called me to say goodbye that's the reason I was mad at him when I came back.

I got back home in deep thoughts what aunty told me just made things worse. I can't bring my thoughts together. Where did he go that day?
Who did he meet? What happened?

I could remember speaking to him the night before I left and he said that the next day was going to be the happiest day of his life he was going to do something huge.

I just can't place my hands on what this is all about it so just one big mysterious puzzle only Al-amin can solve. Only Him

______________✍️✍️✍️

😂 Al-amin what are you hiding we are eager to know.

Yayy finally an update. I'm sorry for the delay. I'm getting ready for school bear with me.

So this chapter is ....... I don't know abit emotional for me.

Hopefully you like it. Please vote, comment and share.

Thank you so much for 879 reads. But I need more votes so please vote.🤧

Love you guys❤️❤️💕

Anisahumar here's your update thanks for the support