Chapter 14

Dipper Pov

I slowly woke up, my eyes just barely able to stay open. I spent a few minutes waking myself up enough so that I could see, only to look around and recognize exactly where I was.

'WHY THE HELL AM I IN FORD'S STUDY???' I thought, only to hear my thoughts behind me. "Fuck, he hooked me up to his goddamn mind reader machine."

I looked around, taking note of how he had put up plenty of research on Bill, almost like he brought back the church of Cipher.

"Well that's not creepy at all, hears the name PineTree once and he brings back the Cipher shrine. Wow, why am I not surprised." I continued looking around, but soon saw a video recording of me when I defended Bill. and the scary thing was, in the background Bill had been smiling softly the whole time.

"Wait- don't tell me he-" I was cut off by Ford. "Dipper, why did you defend Bill?" He asked calmly as he walked into the room. I cleared my head immediately. "I just gave you a scenario in which he should be given a chance. Did I truly defend him? No I did not." I said, answering his question. He got closer, "It was a very specific scenario I must say, do you have anything to do with Bill?"

I breathed in deeply. "If I did, I would've been connected with him for a while which would make you look like an idiot for not noticing sooner." He put his face right in front of mine.

"I'll give you one more chance to tell me freely. Do you have anything to do with Bill Cipher?" I shook my head. "No, I don't." He then shocked me with something that made me go limp. He put the truth telling teeth into my mouth, and when I could move he asked again.

"Do you have anything to do with Bill Cipher?" I attempted to say no, but it didn't work. I was going to say the truth no matter what.

"Yes." "What do you know about him?" I couldn't control my words. My thoughts went haywire, the mind reader going crazy behind me.

"NO!! STOP TALKING, HE'LL KILL BILL!!! STOP TALKING!!!! I DON'T WANT TO LOSE BILL!!!" The machine cried out.

"I am not dating Will Rephic, it is Bill Cipher. He is the one that called me PineTree before he went to sleep last night." Tears began streaming down my face.

"He's going to kill Bill and it's my fault. I'm going to lose him after being in love with him for four years and finally coming back to see him again." The machine spoke my thoughts yet again.

"DON'T KILL HIM!! DON'T BANISH HIM!!" I yelled. "Why not?" "HE REDEEMED HIMSELF, I DIDN'T TRULY TRUST HIM AT FIRST BUT HE EARNED MY TRUST! EVEN YOU ALL TRUSTED HIM, YOU JUST DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS BILL!! YOU TOLD ME HE SEEMED LIKE A NICE PERSON! HE'S CHANGED GRUNKLE FORD!!" I continued to cry as I yelled at him. I can't let him banish Bill, I can't lose him.

I heard Bill in my mind, it also being spoken by the machine behind me.

"PineTree....what's happening? I'm hearing you yelling and I'm scared." The machine spoke. "Ford's going to try and banish you, I know he's going to. I'm scared to lose you Bill." I began sobbing, knowing Ford would try and kill him.

"Please Grunkle Ford......Don't banish him...." I begged quietly. I watched as he was loading a gun of some sort. "Please! I don't want to lose Bill......Please...." I was too scared and upset to move.

"FORD LISTEN TO ME DAMMIT! DON'T BANISH HIM!! I'M SCARED! YOU SAW US HAPPY TOGETHER, YOU SAW US SMILING! WE ARE HAPPY TOGETHER, DON'T TAKE HIM AWAY FROM ME!" I screamed. I finally found the strength to get up, dizzy but still able to move. I took the mind reader off of me, spitting out the truth telling teeth and walking up to Ford and slapping him. "Don't. Take. Him. Away. From. Me." I bolted up to the main floor, looking around for Bill everywhere.