Chapter 8

Dipper Pov

I walked inside, seeing Bill begin to talk with Mabel. I felt jealousy strike through my heart at the sight of Bill laughing at something my sister said. I had a look of slight anger in my eyes as I watched them, not going unnoticed by Grunkle Ford. 

"Hey Dipper, is something wrong?" He asked me. I shook my head a plastered on a smile. "Nothing's wrong, I'm okay." However, him being the person he is, read me like an open book and came up with a nonsense reason to get me down in the basement with him. 

"Oh Dipper, I needed you anyways. Come down to the basement, I'll be there in a minute." I nodded, and headed down to the bunker but not without taking a glance at Bill and Mabel, seeing Mabel smiling at Bill. I quickly turned around and headed down the stairs, which Grunkle Ford had opened with his watch. I ran down them two at a time, quickly ending up in the elevator and down to the basement. I got out, sitting in one of the chairs and trying to rationalize my thoughts.

"Something is seriously wrong with me....Just Mabel smiling at him makes me upset. God dammit get yourself together Mason....." I muttered to myself somewhat loudly. I had been so lost in thought that I hadn't noticed Grunkle Ford was in the room and had heard what I had said. 

"What's the matter Dipper? You obviously weren't fine." He said, sitting in a chair across from me. "I.......I really like Will....Like I love him, and just every time he touches Mabel like shaking her hand or when he laughs at something she says, I don't know why...But it just makes me so jealous it hurts....." I confessed to him, feeling glad to tell someone that I liked Bill the way I did and being able to get that off my chest. Luckily, I had already come out as gay to everyone and they all accepted it, so he wasn't shocked that I was in love with another boy. 

"Well, I don't know how to help you stop being so jealous, but I can tell you this; Just because he laughed at something she said doesn't mean he likes her,  and it doesn't mean that he even wanted to laugh either. He could just be laughing to be polite, he seems to be that sort of person. And another thing, I believe you fell in love with the right kind of guy, he seems charming and nice enough." I smiled at Grunkle Ford's words, internally shaking my head.

'Grunkle Ford......You're so oblivious, you don't even know it's Bill....' I thought to myself. 

"Thanks Grunkle Ford....I wish I'd stop getting upset over it for no reason though. Any chance of him liking me is very small...." I sighed. I felt a pat on my back, seeing Grunkle Ford had come to stand beside me. "It'll be alright, even if he doesn't love you back, I'm sure he won't leave you entirely alone. I guarantee he'll still be there, even if it means you two can only be friends."

I smiled at first, until the thought of Bill dating someone else crossed my mind. I looked down sadly. "I know you meant to help me.... But saying that just made me think.... The thought of Will dating someone else just.... Makes me upset...." I realized how fucked up and lovesick I was, shaking my head.

"Wow Dipper, you must love him a lot..." I nodded, not daring to look at Grunkle Ford. I felt him pull my chin up, and I looked into his eyes. "Dipper, it'll be okay. I promise that. No matter what happens, it will be okay." I smiled. "Thanks Grunkle Ford..." I said.

We soon went back upstairs, me seeing Mabel playing with Waddles, however Bill was nowhere in sight.

"Where is Will?" I asked Grunkle Stan. "Oh, at first he was going to wait for you but since you were downstairs for so long, he said to tell you he was in the woods near the usual spot. Whatever that is." I nodded and thanked him, immediately running outside and into the woods toward the clearing.

I soon arrived, huffing slightly. "Bill?" I called out. I jumped as a heard a voice behind me. "Hey PineTree." "AH! FUCK! JESUS CHRIST YOU SCARED THE LIFE OUT OF ME!!" I just heard a laugh in response. I know he intended to laugh at me, but it made me smile since I got to hear him laugh.

Once he stopped laughing, his face became serious.

"What were you and Sixer down in the basement for so long for?" He asked. I immediately went dead silent.

"We were just.... Talking about something..." I said. "About what?" I sighed. "It was about me... Please, Please don't ask me about what it was, I don't want to tell anyone... I hardly wanted to say anything to Grunkle Ford, he's the only other one that knows...." He gave me a look, but didn't press anymore which I was thankful for.

"Sooo Bill, what did you want to talk to me about? You obviously had a conversation going on with Mabel, so what'd you need me for?" I asked. Jealousy once again hit me like a ton of bricks, but I did my best not to let it show.

"I wanted to ask about something, it was for someone else. But Shooting Star didn't help much, just a lot of screaming. What is it called when you think each time a person smiles it's cute, you love to hear their laugh, no matter what they do you can never stay mad at them. You always want to be near them and just... Want to do something like hug them all the time. What's that called?" I stood silent for a moment and blushed, because those were the feelings I had for Bill.

"....It's called love. Whoever it is that says they feel that way around a certain person is in love with that person." I smiled, it felt as though I had just confessed to Bill although I knew I hadn't.

"...It is?" I nodded.

I looked at Bill, and I could finally read his expression: one of shock and realization.

'What could be going through his head...?' I thought to myself.