Name

Wren had been spending most of her time in the library. She was doing some intense studying. She wanted to find out exactly how the...man was accessing her through her mind. Wren often skipped meals to get more reading time and rarely left the library. Her newfound obsession had been taking a toll on her though. She slept very seldom and the thought of returning to her own room terrified her. She knew that if she returned to her room then he would surely be waiting. Elizabeth had caught on to Wren's routine and she often brought food up to Wren in the library. Wren's sisters didn't pay much heed to her new passion. They knew that Wren did this often, and when she went into the library you could rarely get her back out unless she wanted it that way. One day, Wren had been taking notes from a book on psychology and all her papers were scattered haphazardly across the tabletop. Her hair was loosely pinned up and she suspected she had bags under her eyes. Coffee had become her new best friend. She was refilling her cup when Cal came into the library. The image of the other night flashed before Wren's eyelids. He came to stand behind her and read her notes from over her shoulder.

"What's all this?" He asked. Wren stood up and turned towards him, trying to shield the papers from his view with her body.

"Why do you wish to know?" She countered.

"Well, you've been in here for days so I was wondering what the reason for that is." He answered. Since she had turned to face him he now had a good look at her face. Under her glasses he saw that her eyes were red and dry and they seemed to have black circles around them.

"Are you alright?" Cal asked. "When was the last time you slept?" Wren rubbed her eyes as of to rub away the signs of exhaustion.

"I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself. Now, if you'll excuse me but I would like to get back to work." Wren said. Cal looked at her peculiarly for a while, then left the room.

In terms of what Wren had found out, it was nothing useful. She was as clueless as she was when she started. It was the middle of the night, and Wren was scribbling on a piece of paper.

What ever are you doing, Wren? The voice rang in her head. Wren dropped her pen. The familiar feeling of fear and panic pinched her heart. Her breathing became rushed. The darkness in the air prickled her skin. She thought that if she stayed out of her room, then the man wouldn't be able to access her.

Thought you could get away from me so easily? The voice taunted. Wren shivered.

You will find that I will not be evaded that effortlessly.

"You're trying so hard to get my attention, for what purpose?" Wren asked. The voice chuckled.

I don't think you're ready to know my intentions quite yet. He answered. Wren was quiet.

I see that you continue to investigate how I came to be. What a curious girl you are. But I would stop if I were you. He said menacingly. You will discover that our...relationship is unique and will not be found in any of the books you have been searching. There was a pause.

"What exactly is our relationship?" Wren asked suspiciously.

It's very simple really. He began. I am able to communicate with you through your mind. I used to be able to only contact you when you were thinking of me, but now I can talk with you almost anytime I want. He explained. Wren still wondered what the reason for him needing to talk with her was.

I am growing stronger. Soon I will be able to talk with you when you are with other people, when your mind is occupied with other things. Then I will be able to physically touch you, even though I won't be physically there. Wren shivered at the thought of him touching her.