nine (edited)

Louis' POV:

harrystyles: hey :)

louist91: hi!!!

harrystyles: I can't talk for long, but I wanted to say that I miss you

louist91: I miss you too, curly :)

harrystyles sent a voice message

Louis looked at his screen in surprise, wondering what Harry's voice would sound like. Would it be really low, or would it be high maybe? He pressed play on the message, wanting to hear his curly's voice for the first time.

"Hey Louis." Harry's voice was raspy but sweet, as if he'd been singing along to the radio for too long. "I'd text you back, but I'm sort of in the car right now, and y'know, the whole "don't be on your phone and drive" thing, so here's a voice message instead, because I think that's technically better? Anyways, I guess I just miss you, which is kinda funny considering we've only known each other for two weeks maybe, but yeah, I just wanted to say hi. So um, hi?" Harry laughed at his own awkwardness. "Well, I think that's all, so bye Lou, I'll talk to you later."

The message came to an end and Louis sat there smiling like an idiot until he came to my senses and dramatically flopped from his sitting position down onto the bed.

Louis picked up his phone and blushed as he replayed the voice message from Harry, propping himself up on a pillow. Ugh, he was getting really fond of that boy.

Honestly, I could see myself dating him. Louis banished the thought from his head nearly immediately, frowning. There was no way in hell he liked him in anything other than a friendly way, so it was useless to get his hopes up. Oh well. At least we're friends, he supposed.