You got a deal

ASHLEY POV

"Earth to Ashley and wait Torres? Oh my god you two are the FBI agents aren't you?"

Well certainly no way in hell we are getting out of this one. We have to do our jobs and question her but neither of us really want to speak up. I'm snapped out of my thoughts when Torres pulls me aside.

"Hunt, what the hell do we do now? Our cover is blown and I'm sure she's gonna go tell the team, she seems pissed. Plus what the hell is the team curfew for if she's just going to ignore it?"

"Look Torres just let me take the lead on this one. Sure Alex Morgan is a scary as hell when she's pissed but I think I can handle this."

We walk back over to the ambulance and Alex is giving us an even worse death glare than before. Honestly Torres seems kinda scared of her.

"Alright Alex you deserve an explanation. I'm FBI agent Ashley Hunt and Adam Torres is my partner. You have every right to be mad but please put that aside for now and tell us what you saw. It's very important information, after you tell us then I'll answer all your questions that I can."

I can tell Alex is still pissed off but she shakes her head agreeing. Although she's pissed she's still extremely shaken up and I'm shocked when she jumps out of the ambulance and into my arms hugging me. Alex gets off of me about 30 seconds later and sits down on a bench and starts talking.

"So I was walking cause I've had a lot on my mind lately and I heard someone yell something like please don't do this. My first reaction should've been turn around but instead I went towards it thinking maybe someone was on the phone or getting taken advantage of and I just wanted to help. As I got closer I saw the guy lying on the ground and someone standing over him, they were taller maybe 6'2'' they were wearing all black with a hood up but some hair was sticking out it was definitely blonde. I thought for sure I was a goner but instead they just grabbed something from his hand and took off running north."

I immediately look at Torres when Alex says the person grabbed something from his hand. Torres goes to check it out while I sit here and continue to comfort Alex. A couple minutes later Torres comes back and gives me a nod letting me know he found something. Before I can say anything Torres cuts me off.

"I'm gonna head back to the hotel, we got all the information we need, and we have access to the files while we're here. Ashley I'm sure you'll be far better handling Ms. Morgan ah shit I mean Alex geez sometimes I forget I don't have to be so formal when I know the person."

I can't help but laugh at Torres reaction, he's still getting used to having people find out the truth about his job. Alex still hasn't reacted or said anything since she told us what she witnessed and I don't blame her I'm sure it was really traumatic. About 15 minutes go by and Torres texted me letting me know he's back at the hotel and filling Jenni in, which means one less task I'll have to do.

"Hey Alex, it's getting late so how about we head back to the hotel?" Her response is just a slight nod of the head so I grab a taxi and sit down next to her hoping she'll come out of this soon. Next thing I know we're arriving at the hotel as soon as we get out of the taxi and into the lobby she starts freaking out again.

"Oh my god I'm so fucked. Jill is gonna find out and be so pissed I was out past curfew and putting myself into that much danger."

"I'll handle Jill don't worry there won't be any issues. Now I'll walk you to your room."

"No please not my room. I'm rooming with Kelley and she's the reason I was on the walk just can I stay in your extra bed please? Plus I still have questions for you, don't think you're off the hook with this whole thing."

I reluctantly agree and just hope that no one sees Alex coming out of my room in the morning and starts any rumors. We get into my room and I throw her some clothes to change into then I go take a quick shower and change myself. As I'm putting my gun and badge in the safe then turn around and notice Alex staring at the gun. "Yes Alex I always carry my gun and badge on me at all times but only for protection and in case I need to handle a situation."

I flop down on my bed and wait for Alex's questions to start. We watch tv for about an hour and a half making it 11:30 pm now and I'm shocked she hasn't said anything yet.

"Alright I figured out my questions and what I want in return of keeping your secret. Why did you join the FBI? Does anybody know the truth? Have all your injuries been from missions? Also in order for me to keep your secret you have to help me find out if Kelley has feelings for me."

I let out a loud groan and respond. "My parents didn't die in an accident they died in a terrorist attack and the director reached out to me after college. Mal and Lindsey are the only two that know my secret, well plus Julies dad but that's a story for another time though. Almost all of my injuries have been from missions. Oh and you're pretty ballsy blackmailing an FBI agent, but fine you got a deal." Looks like I'm team matchmaker now great.

Alex seems content about my answers and I'm sure she'll come up with more questions over night to ask me. I thought she had fallen asleep and I was about to do the same before she asked another question.

"Ashley please just be honest with this question, you have to promise you'll be honest."

"Alright Alex I promise I'll be honest."

"Before you went on your "business trip" to Germany you seemed like you were ready for a relationship. You came back from the trip completely different and immediately ended things with me which killed me and then I find out a couple years later you're with my teammate. So did you end things because of me or because of something that happened?"

I can't help but freeze when she asks me that. I never thought Alex would ever bring up well us ever again. Some of the team knew about it but no one knew if it was serious or not. After we stopped we just silently agreed to never speak of it but I guess it had been bugging her.

I have to admit I'm thrown off by this question but she deserves an answer I did randomly end things.

"Well Alex...."