Meeting the Family

ASHLEY POV

Not many things make me nervous in life except for meeting the parents of my new girlfriend. I know it's silly that something like this is intimidating to me considering I get guns pointed at me regularly but honestly I'm less nervous for those situations. Julie said the reservations are at 8 so that gives me a couple hours to freak out and out together the right outfit so I don't look like a slob. I guess I'll go with some khakis and light blue button up to match Julies light blue top and since it's a family thing I won't wear my vans I'll wear some dress shoes.

Just as I finished lying my clothes out Julie comes into my room looking extremely excited. "Hey Jules what has you so excited?" I'm curious to see what she's going to say I hope it's that she's getting the start in tomorrow's game. "Well another surprise my cousin is in Paris for the World Cup my parents flew her here as a surprise for me. I'm not gonna lie to you we did grow up kind of like sisters she's older than me she's about to be 31 in a couple weeks so she does protect me like an older sister. Her parents died when we were young so she lived with us until 18 then she suddenly got some big time job and moved away we've stayed in touch but I haven't seen her in years so I'm really excited." I visibly gulp after hearing that I mean shit now I have to meet someone like a protective older sister PLUS parents. This is gonna be a long night for me.

Soon enough it's 7:30 and time for us to head out to meet her well family for dinner. Per usual I wore clothes that could cover my gun clipped to the inside of my pants although it is pretty discreet since it's FBI issued. I also tucked my badge in my back left pocket just to be safe. Julie can tell I'm nervous as we walk to the restaurant since it's not too far away and she grabs my hand as we walk to calm me down. "Ash I promise there's no reason to be so nervous I mean damn I watched you take a guy out in your apartment and then take a guy out on the street I promise it won't be as scary as that." Julie saying that did help me calm down and we walked the rest of the way in a comfortable silence just while taking in the beautiful sights sure I've seen it all before but it's different this time around I actually have more time to enjoy it.

As soon as we walk in the first thing I notice is a lady with her back to me and from behind she looks awfully like the CIA agent from earlier today but I'm not going to let that interfere with this moment. I highly doubt that it's the person from earlier anyways. We haven't really talked much about our families I think Julie feels weird about it since I don't have any family besides Mals family really. I knew she said her dad had something to do with soccer but I'm totally surprised when I see THE James Harrison the extremely famous soccer player, I thought I couldn't get more nervous. I think they can judge by the look on my face that I had no idea who her dad really was.

"Wow alright I didn't know I was dating a soccer stars daughter but given her skills I shouldn't be super surprised. However Mr. and Mrs. Harrison it's great to finally meet you." I say while extending my hand out however I'm shocked when they both go for the hug instead saying they're just type the hugging type of family. They said the cousin went to the bathroom and would join us at the table which I'm fine with some more time to compose myself before meeting another family member. I start looking over the menu and get lost in thought until I all of a sudden hear my girlfriend screaming like an excited little kid and see her hugging someone which I assume is the cousin. I stand up and get ready to formally introduce myself once they finally stop hugging.

When they pull away my jaw dropped so quick when I'm met with the lady from earlier. Holy shit my girlfriends cousin is the CIA agent. Now it makes sense with the whole dead parents and big time job it all makes sense. We both give each other a look and kinda know not to reveal each other's secrets. "Well you must be the infamous girlfriend I've heard so much about from my cousin here. It's great to meet you Ashley, I'm Morgan." She said my name kinda emphasized probably since earlier I made sure to cover my badge but at least now I know her name for a background check which I'm sure she'll be running on me now too. "Ah yes I would be Ashley and it's great to meet you too Morgan." I slightly emphasized her name too because she's the one who started the whole secret name thing earlier. However I will admit I feel kinda proud to see her eye and nose have bruised from our fight earlier. I quickly send Torres a text on what her name is so he can start looking he has lots of questions but I told him I'd explain later.

We're about half way through dinner and everything has been going great until we start talking about jobs. "So Ashley what was it you do again for work? I know Julie told us but I can't remember." Mrs. Harrison asked with a smile. "Yes Ashley what exactly is your job?" Morgan says while smirking at me which kinda makes me want to punch her again. "Right well I travel a lot for my job I go from office to office making sure everything is running smoothly." I say while looking directly at Morgan. I'm certainly not going to let her off the hook.

"So Morgan what do you do for a living? I heard you got some big time job but I don't know much about it." I shoot Morgan the same look she gave me. I can tell this is going to be an interesting relationship with her. "Well Ashley I work for a think tank not too exciting of a job." She has a pretty generic lie but it's better than mine is.

Luckily after that there weren't any more bumps with conversation and we're wrapping up dinner. I must say I'm pretty happy we got through this without any commotion, it seems every time I try to do something nice someone ruins it. All of a sudden there's loud screaming and two men getting up in each other's faces. Looks like I spoke too soon.

I look across the table at Morgan and we seem to be thinking the same thing. We need to diffuse this fight and fast, two drunk guys fighting never ends well.