You Gotta Be Kidding

ASHLEY POV

After I asked Julie that question I started beating myself up in my head. I'm a fucking dumbass you don't ask someone out just hours after their life was threatened I mean why would I do that I'm a dumbass I should apologize but before I can apologize Julie responds.

"Well Ashley...I'd love that however I don't look forward to telling Kelley she's gonna go insane and Mal is gonna go insane on you but we gotta tell them they're our best friends after all." I let out a sigh of relief after she had agreed my immediate reaction was to pull her close and kiss me but nothing to intense so I gently caressed her cheek and lightly kissed her. When we pulled away I could see a huge smile come across her face.

Julie decides to go freshen up and call Kelley to tell her about our upcoming date, we agreed we would go on it tonight. Mal comes in my room and I tell her about everything which she seems super excited about me putting myself out there again. I know I'm going to have a shit ton of paperwork to do for work filling out information about Julie so if something happens to me on a mission they can contact her appropriately or protect her if there's ever a threat against her because of my job.

I go shower and change my clothes I talked to Mal and we decided on a simple first date tonight just a burger place and probably ice cream and a walk around town after the date. Before I can get out my computer to start doing paperwork I notice I'm getting a phone call from Jill Ellis which I find a little odd. "Hey Jill what's up? Everything ok?" I'm thinking this might have something to do with what happened last night, sure enough I was right. "Well Ashley here's the thing...after what happened last night some of the girls and myself are worried about France and we knew that some of us had obsessed fans but we never realized it would go that far and I know you'll already be there and with the team so I was wondering if maybe you and your partner could also act as a little extra security for us. I understand if you can't but I know I couldn't feel any safer than if you were watching us." I think for a little bit knowing we could easily watch the team but if something came up with our mission we would have to leave them unattended for a little bit. "Alright Jill I have a solution. I have no issue acting as extra security but there might be times where Torres and I would have to leave and that would leave you without one of us so we can watch when we're there and if we would have to leave I can suggest we bring a third agent alone to watch for protection when we aren't there." I know I'll have to talk to the Director about this but I know he won't have a problem adding security to a National team. "Thank you so much Ashley that makes me feel ten times better obviously we'll only introduce the third agent as security and we won't tell anyone that it's an FBI agent only I'll know along with you and your partner." After finishing up that conversation I sigh and pull out my work computer and work phone.

After filling out the paper work about Julies credentials I call the Director to ask him about a third agent. After talking to him and explaining everything that happened he agreed it would be best to send a third agent. We decided on sending Jenni Brown one of our British agents. She trained under Torres and myself and actually knows Mal well that's a tricky situation let's just say they hooked up before in an attempt for Mal to forget about Lindsey but clearly that didn't work.

After doing all my work stuff I shot Jill a text to let her know about everything just to get that out of the way. Now I can finally start to get ready for my date. Since we're just doing burgers and ice cream we're dressing more casual I know she's wearing jeans and a nicer top so I opt for jeans some high tops and a short sleeve button up shirt. I also strap my gun to the inside back of my jean waistband it's completely covered by my shirt and I put my FBI badge in my left back pocket and my wallet in the other back pocket. I know I'm going on a date but after last night I might be safer carrying these things plus I try to carry them with me all the time if I've been on a risky mission lately and that last one sure was a risk.

I go into the kitchen and wait for Julie to come to the apartment. I'm chilling with Mal and playing with Nico when Julie walks in and holy shit she looks amazing. Her jeans fit perfectly and the shirt accents her arm muscles and her beautiful blonde hair with some loose curls. Her hazel eyes look a beautiful light color green because of her color shirt.

"So uh Julie you look amazing, ready to go on our first official date?" We head out and get to the burger place we order and talk about anything and everything until our food comes it just feels so natural with her. After we eat I pay the bill since I did invite her on the date, we walk down the street a little bit and stop at an ice cream shop and walk around eating our ice cream. After we finish the ice cream we walk around a little because actually downtown Washington is pretty beautiful at night. I work up the courage to grab her hand and we walk down the street holding hands.

Everything is going perfect until Julie points something out. "Uh hey Ashley totally random but is that woman being robbed over there?" I look over in the direction she's pointing and sure enough there's a little old lady being held at gun point. "Yep you are definitely correct and I'm sorry but I can't just watch that happen I have to do something." All I can think is you gotta be kidding me. It's like the world wants her to know my secret.