The Captives Feelings

MAL POV

We just finished eating the sandwiches and at this point I'm not even sure I'd care if they were drugged with how hungry I was. I'm still very confused as to how Julie's cousin could even relate to this situation. I guess I just always thought if I was going to be abducted and held captive it would be because of Ashley and not somebody else. I'm still feeling pretty calm about everything somehow, maybe it's just because I know and trust that Ashley will find us and save us.

I can only imagine the type of stress Ashley is under to try and get us back safely, I know she's explained to me how these things work and it sounds awful. I'm sure Ash has already taken charge and will have us out of here in no time. I just hope she's somehow keeping my family calm, and my god I hope nobody told my sister because she'd certainly try to join the rescue mission.

I figure I might as well distract myself and maybe do some push ups to stay calm and in good shape since after all we do still have a World Cup to compete in. Well unless we've been unconscious for longer than I'm thinking, but I'm not even going to think that way I'm just going to distract myself. As I'm doing push-ups I can feel eyes burning into the back of my head so I stop and sit down facing Julie.

"Seriously Mal, how are you so calm and composed right now? Have you been taken captive before? Do you have some type of secret training? Oh wait, did you major in criminal justice too and have a whole bunch of indescribable reflex reactions to dangerous situations and do you just happen to be excellent at reading people?"

"I'm sensing some passive aggressive comments there Julie."

"Oh come on Mal just cut the bullshit, are you honestly going to tell me that you don't know whatever secret it is that my girlfriend is hiding from me? I mean you're best friends, you always take care of her after all those freak "accidents" I mean really what the hell is going on and why are you so sure we're going to be saved?"

"Look Julie, I can't explain to you why Ash is so good at all of things, even if I could explain it that would be something that's best coming from her. I'm trying my best to stay calm in this situation because if we're not calm we could completely ruin whatever rescue mission is being planned to save us. I know you're scared and angry and upset but I'm all of those things too. There's no sense in us arguing we already agreed on that so why don't you just talk to me and share what's really bugging you?" I know I'm flat out lying to her but I promised Ashley I wouldn't tell Julie and I don't break my promises to her.

Julie let's out a long sigh of exasperation before reluctantly talking to me.

"I ignored Ashley all day simply because she didn't tell me she loved me back. I'm sure she had a perfectly good explanation for it and I know it was shitty of me to ice her out like that especially after you said it took a lot for her to open up and let me in. I'm just never going to forgive myself if I never see her again and the last hours I had with her I spent them being petty. I'm also terrified because I know she's keeping a secret from me and I just I don't know what it is. Sure I've had tons of suspicions about her line of work and all her convenient weird stories as to how she got all of her scars. I guess I just never truthfully believed she was hiding something from me."

I can tell it took a lot for Julie to share that information and I feel bad I can't do a whole lot to comfort her. However, I certainly can relate to her with the person she loves thing.

"I'm sorry Julie that you're going through all that and I'm sorry you're scared your hunch might be right about Ash. I can promise you one thing though, her intentions with you have always been and always will be pure and loving. However, I can relate to you with ignoring the person you love. As you know I'm in love with Lindsey but we haven't been talking much. Before we got taken she seemed like she had something to tell me and she approached me with a tear stained face. I dismissed her and then followed you outside which I'm glad I did since now you aren't alone, but I may never know what she was going to tell me. I can't help but think of her face when I announced that relationship with Jenni, she looked so heartbroken and Tobin immediately went to console her but I couldn't figure out why, and I may never know why."

After we got done sharing our feelings that we didn't know we needed to get out I heard a noise outside the door. I moved a little closer and that's when I heard maybe the best news I've heard since being taken, followed by one of the scariest things I've ever heard, I can't imagine how Ash does this for a living. I'm certainly not going to tell Julie the full story of what I heard because I think she'd explode to find out her girlfriend is FBI and her cousin is CIA, all in the same day.

"Good thing, the CIA agent agreed to the meet up, now we can finally get our revenge for our fathers death. She's walking into her own funeral and she doesn't even know it."

After that I hear them walk away after saying the meeting is at sunset, gauging by the sunlight coming through the cracks I'd say that's a couple more hours.

"So mal what did you hear" Julie looks very worried asking so I choose my words carefully.

"Sounds like something is going down at sunset, which I believe to be in a couple hours. I believe we'll be free when that plan goes down."

Now all I can do is just sit and wait, and really hope that Ash has a great plan.